There are 162 users in the forums

QB Josh Rosen

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is the guy you want

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This is the guy you want

No, that's the guy you want. Good QB, but, it ends there.
Originally posted by Geeked:
This is the guy you want

No, that's the guy you want. Good QB, but, it ends there.

Good game manager. He throws with touch an all of is passes for a reason. Arm is poo.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Good game manager. He throws with touch an all of is passes for a reason. Arm is poo.

Colt McCoy V2.0

Chris Peterson likes his QBs to be accurate, composed and to have noodle arms.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 5, 2017 at 2:43 PM ]
Matt Miller reminds Rosen of Luck which got a lot more interesting with UCLA new OC, the offensive staff under new coordinator Jedd Fisch, who spent the past two years as the passing game coordinator under Jim Harbaugh at Michigan. Kid is going to have a good year IMO

49ers written all over it.
Originally posted by Shalynch:
Matt Miller reminds Rosen of Luck which got a lot more interesting with UCLA new OC, the offensive staff under new coordinator Jedd Fisch, who spent the past two years as the passing game coordinator under Jim Harbaugh at Michigan. Kid is going to have a good year IMO

49ers written all over it.

My ultimate draft crush. The sole reason why I won't mind sucking major ass next season. We have to hope that kizer becomes good so the browns don't consider him. Who else needs a QB? The Jets?
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It is potentially a great draft for QB's. Far better than this years draft. I would love to draft really high for one more year. Because it could fix our franchise.

Or deal up which will be very expensive. But even that we may have to do.

I honestly would rather just be really bad for one more year. There is no way this team is going anywhere next year anyway.

A very high pick in the right slot in the draft next year can fix this franchise. Another super bad year is OK with me. I'm not sure if we will do it. But I think we are bad enough still to have a shot at one more really high pick. Which is fine with me.

I think that would be best for the long term growth and success of the team. One step back before a giant leap forward IMO.

I'm perfectly ok with us getting the #1 overall pick next year but I'd like to see us lose close, hard fought games where maybe we get a couple of unlucky bounces say from the refs so we can feel better about it ;)

I do want to see the young guys grow as players and see the team play well together but just come out on the wrong side of a close game. And looking at the schedule unless Shanahan just works miracles and Hoyer turns in a career year I just don't see us winning more than 7 games. Probably closer to 4.

Having the early pick will allow us to draft one of the top QBs and I think these guys are good enough to be elite for 10+ years. Rather we go that route over Cousins who will be 30 by the time we could even start him.

Meh we are going to now benefit from the Lynch Effect with the refs as well you watch. The Lynch Effect is a real thing. People who were notoriously douchey toward the 49ers in the media, espn, nfln etc. are now complimentary. It's the Lynch effect. Apparently he's a super likable guy and people that know him think very highly of him, to a person. Staring in the Harbaugh years we had the opposite. Refs f**king us every damn year with real bad calls at the most inopportune times in games. You watch, those days are done. We will be a team that wins 7 or 8 when we should have won 4 or 5.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Been following this kid since high school, Rosen as a Junior committed to UCLA in high school, that Stanford rumor is just that. Rosen has been an advocate for college players to be paid if that comes out douchy to people I really dont know what to say. He had that one IG post where he was in a hot tub with a girl that drew concerns but really that's it.

Other than Mora being a mentor in preparing him for the pros he's really not a good coach and maybe his last year at UCLA. This spring Rosen talks about how the injury really made him humble and gave him a different perspective. he's 19 but very mature for his age I'm not worried about that.

Exactly. I can remember being on this board and Rodgers was slated for being too confident etc. The kid seemssmart and stands up for his fellow student athletes. Good for him.
This is the guy you want

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Josh Rosen = Drew Brees

Originally posted by 9moon:
Josh Rosen = Drew Brees

In what way(s)? I'm not really seeing the comparison.

Did you mean Jake Browning?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 11, 2017 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Josh Rosen = Drew Brees

In what way(s)? I'm not really seeing the comparison.

Did you mean Jake Browning?

With rosen I see a matt Ryan...Jake browning is trash and doesn't even come close to the arm strength that Brees has.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
With rosen I see a matt Ryan...Jake browning is trash and doesn't even come close to the arm strength that Brees has.

That's exactly who I see too.

Josh Rosen : Matt Ryan
Sam Darnold: Philip Rivers with mobility
Josh Allen: Matt Stafford
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
That's exactly who I see too.

Josh Rosen : Matt Ryan
Sam Darnold: Joe Montanafavrebradyelwaysuperfreakcloneifxmenwerefootballplayershewouldbeallofthem
Josh Allen: Matt Stafford

Fixed
Share 49ersWebzone