LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Kyle can't have his quarterback take off running just when his wr is breaking wide open. He needs someone to hang in there.

If you guys want a running QB, you're gonna need a new coach. I don't.

It's better than missing the read or missing the throw. There's give and take when it comes to pocket passer/dual threat, but unless we're getting an elite pocket passer, dual threat is the way to go. The Rivers/Goff/Cousins types are a waste of time.

You either need a great team (that would win with a dual threat anyways), or pray for a random spurt of hall of fame level play in the playoffs (like Foles/Flacco) if you plan on doing anything with a 2nd tier pocket passer.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by titan:
Dam Beathard! You were supposed to be the next Joe Montana. I think it's time to make room in the roster and start experimenting with a dual threat QB
Agree!

Kyle can't have his quarterback take off running just when his wr is breaking wide open. He needs someone to hang in there.

You mean to tell me Kyle would rather have a Jimmy as opposed to a Wilson, Mahomes or a Josh Allan? I get that Kyle likes pocket passers but these guys can be that AND evade the pass rush once the play breaks down rather than just take the sack. The league is changing and with that philosophy's must evolve.

A lot of fans have short memories. What happened to Garoppolo when he was running in early 2018? Is it worth the risk for an extra few yard now and then? Running QBs are not known for their longevity.
Trent and Kittle hyping him up:

"Same old Nick that I saw in 2018, he's locked in," Kittle said. "He's got the game plan down. He's got a rocket for an arm, he's slinging it. He's confident. I know he's just excited to get the opportunity to play. If he gets to play, I know he's gonna take advantage of that situation because that dude loves football."

Maybe that arm just needed to warm up last week?
Originally posted by 49erF90:
What does BDN stand for?

Big D Nick
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by titan:
Dam Beathard! You were supposed to be the next Joe Montana. I think it's time to make room in the roster and start experimenting with a dual threat QB
Agree!

You mean to tell me Kyle would rather have a Jimmy as opposed to a Wilson, Mahomes or a Josh Allan? I get that Kyle likes pocket passers but these guys can be that AND evade the pass rush once the play breaks down rather than just take the sack. The league is changing and with that philosophy's must evolve.

Allen has a million dollar arm and a ten cent head so he is out. He would definitely take Mahomes but that is just dumb because who wouldn't. Current Wilson is an upgrade sure, but if you go back and look it took him a lot of years to play within the system, he would have been terrible in this offense for a long time and would have been dealt to succeed elsewhere. Things aren't apples to apples with QB's. Guys who look great in certain systems can't even execute others. Rogers would be a great system fit that has more mobility than Jimmy, and Roger's in his prime in this O would be beyond sick. Brady would be great if we could protect him but isn't able to absorb the hits and didnt move much even in his prime. Kyler would be a disaster.... The kind of mobility you need is evasiveness in the pocket more than threat to run, but you also have to have a lot going on above the ears and the ability to process a lot of data fast. There aren't a lot of guys who would be able to step in and in year one run this thing better than Jimmy is now, maybe 2 or 3. There are 5-7 more that would be better than him inside of three years and a few more that are a wash. If I was looking for a prototype to draft for down the road, I would be looking at guys who compare well to Big Ben. Tough as hell to bring down, but not a runner, can take a lot of hits. Doesn't give up on plays until they are spent, but doesn't take unneeded sacks, accurate with a big enough arm to do it all. Not a risk taker but not a coward. Read the whole field and doesn't rattle.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Sep 25, 2020 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Trent and Kittle hyping him up:

"Same old Nick that I saw in 2018, he's locked in," Kittle said. "He's got the game plan down. He's got a rocket for an arm, he's slinging it. He's confident. I know he's just excited to get the opportunity to play. If he gets to play, I know he's gonna take advantage of that situation because that dude loves football."

Maybe that arm just needed to warm up last week?

Rocket for an arm might be just a tad of an exageration lol
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Rocket for an arm might be just a tad of an exageration lol

Kyle and all coaches like to pump their guys up but saying Nick has a rocket arm? If it is it's a short range rocket not an ICBM.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Not surprising

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
What does BDN stand for?

Big D Nick

Let's see if he can guide us to 2-1!

Let's see if BDN still has it. If not CJ will come in and beat the Giants again, like last time.
The giants were a play away from beating the bears without barkley, and hung with the steelers midway through the 4th. Both have good defenses.

This won't be a cakewalk for Mullens.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Mullens can make himself some good money here.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Mullens can make himself some good money here.

and the 49ers can pick up some good value.

other teams going to be watching
Share 49ersWebzone