LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm obviously trolling but we've creatively worked around his limitations before. I think he'll have a bit more trust in guys like Pettis and we'll be fine for the week.

I wasn't sure. We get some pretty outrageous predictions on the forum.
BDN is gonna throw the hammer down!
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Mullens is going to ball out then we will trade him a week before the trade deadline for a 1st round pick

Who's desperate and needs a QB now ? No real QB injuries out there yet and losing teams want to keep losing for draft position.
Mullens wouldn't bring much on the trade market. The trend now seems to be mobile QBs and big QBs. Nick isn't either of those.
I think Nick will be OK, but I don't expect him to blow the doors off the Giants. Big Ben and the Steelers offense loaded with weapons didn't exactly light up NYG. The Bears only put up 17. The Giants defense doesn't seem like a slouch right now, so I think it will be a close game.
Have you guys lost your mind? Temper expectations. Do you guys remember how sorry this team was before garrapolo, before bosa? That's essentially this team.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Have you guys lost your mind? Temper expectations. Do you guys remember how sorry this team was before garrapolo, before bosa? That's essentially this team.

LOL. It is not.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

LOL. It is not.

Right it's worse. No buckner. How is this team any different? Cj beathard? Brian hoyer? Fred warner?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and you guys think i am nuts
Originally posted by NYniner85:
BDN is gonna throw his hammer down!

FTFY

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
I think he will play better after a full week of prep. He won't be as good a Jimmy G on his good days, but I truly believe he can win against the Giants.

What argument can you really bring up to back that? Because he isn't being paid like 28 million a year? or cause he started 8 games a few years ago when the roster was trash? Or cause he was thrown into the 2nd half of a game that we already had control of and he didn't have any reps at all with 1st stringers? My honest opinion is that Mullens has the same amount of ability to play as good as Jimmy G or even better if he had the reps and all of what Jimmy was given. To say that he can't be as good as Jimmy G makes no sense when Jimmy G has barely played 1 full season healthy, but everyone wants to bring up the excuse that Jimmy G hasn't played enough when he does bad . I'm not trying to bash Jimmy G here, but lets give mullens the same chances Jimmy G was given and plus he isnt being paid like 20+ a year lol...

Mullens has nothing like the win ratio that Jimmy G has had. How many games did he lose in his stint as a starter? Jimmy has lost only 6 in a season and a half active on the roster getting us to the Superbowl. No way Mullens would have done that in his first full season. People need to stop dreaming. If Mullens went all Lamar Jackson and landed a whole bunch of tight passes then it would be different but he got sacked a couple of times and threw 2 intercepts. I doubt he would have won it today for the team if he was the starter.

Just think that Nick Foles won the Super Bowl with the Eagles and still got traded.

What did Mullens do before/better than Jimmy? Beat Seattle first (still took both two tries)....

Really cannot even compare the two situations as far as what each QB accomplished.

And based on the Jets game, it doesn't seem like it would have mattered a ton if we put BDN in for Jimmy after that concussion in the SB...
Originally posted by cciowa:

link

Roster doesn't look much different with the injuries. That team went 4-12
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 24, 2020 at 9:58 AM ]

link

Nah, Dline is still better than that team. Linebackers were better. And everyone still here is better than they were back then. Nevermind the fact that everyones now been in the system for a while.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

link

i think we have better players than on that team and cj is not the qb
That 4-12 team didn't make the SB the year before. I suspect we gut out some wins. This team isn't hanging with KC but beating the Giants doesn't require much talent.
Share 49ersWebzone