There are 209 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
One thing Mullens is capable of doing is lifting the offense...he seems to ignite them to play better. I saw that he's the #6 rated b/u QB in the league. He just might get his chance if Jimmy continues to struggle.

He has a better grasp of Shannahan offense then JimmyG.....JimmyG needs to play for the Rams,that way he`ll be closer to hollywood where he belongs

how the f**k could you possible know this? can you prove it?

i love how fans think they know more than the coaches or the players themselves

I don't think Jimmy has any issues with Kyle's offense or reading defenses. He sometimes is a little late in spotting open receivers.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Best thing Mullen's has done is land us Bosa

lol this
Mullens threw a lot of interceptions, albeit he had very limited starting experience and was a 1st year player when he threw the 14-10 ratio. But, again, to be fair, he had his share of bonehead throws too. I think he spun the ball well, and he usually made great reads. He's a great mid/short range thrower. Not so much the long ball.

Advantages over Jimmy:
-No tunnel vision like Jimmy still apparently has.
-Smaller contract

Disadvantages to Jimmy:
-No power throwing off-balance and no zip on deep throws.
-Zero threat to run, despite having the athleticism to do so, just doesn't see the lanes well.
-Shortest QB on the team. Can take hits, but is probably the QB least built to frequently take hits on this team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 16, 2020 at 10:51 AM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Mullens threw a lot of interceptions, albeit he had very limited starting experience and was a 1st year player when he threw the 14-10 ratio. He usually made great reads, and was a great mid/short range thrower.

Advantages over Jimmy:
-Smaller contract

Disadvantages to Jimmy:
-Zero threat to run, despite having the athleticism to do so, just doesn't see the lanes well.
-Shortest QB on the team. Can take hits, but is probably the QB least built to frequently take hits on this team.

IF he where to start isn't his contract up at years end? Then we would have to shell out cash again if he did good
Originally posted by JMC52:
Mullens threw a lot of interceptions, albeit he had very limited starting experience and was a 1st year player when he threw the 14-10 ratio. He usually made great reads, and was a great mid/short range thrower.

Advantages over Jimmy:
-Smaller contract

Disadvantages to Jimmy:

IF he where to start isn't his contract up at years end? Then we would have to shell out cash again if he did good

He's an RFA. Barring a new deal/extension, we can easily retain him for a relatively low price, just as we kept Bourne this year.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JMC52:

Advantages over Jimmy:
-Smaller contract

Disadvantages to Jimmy:

He's an RFA. Barring a new deal/extension, we can easily retain him for a relatively low price, just as we kept Bourne this year.

Ok that's some good news! I'm trying so hard to support Jimmy I don't like all the hate but at a certain point you can see he's not making the reads other good qbs are and seems locked in on throwing to 1 receiver or taking a sack.
[ Edited by JMC52 on Sep 16, 2020 at 10:57 AM ]
People forget 5 of those games we lost by less than 3 points and 7 of them by less than a score in the season he played.

Without bosa, ford, deebo etc...

I would argue if we had them they would have swung us into a 10+ win team and playoffs.

It's not his time but with the way Jimmy is looking it's leaning that way.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
People forget 5 of those games we lost by less than 3 points and 7 of them by less than a score in the season he played.

Without bosa, ford, deebo etc...

I would argue if we had them they would have swung us into a 10+ win team and playoffs.

It's not his time but with the way Jimmy is looking it's leaning that way.

Exactly. If Mullens started last year with that same team and a year of experience under his belt, we're probably Super Bowl champs right now.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This thread needs to die today. So far Nick is looking like expected.
Can we now can this whole Mullens is better than Jimmy BS? I swear, classic NT s**t right here

• Jiks
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Can we now can this whole Mullens is better than Jimmy BS? I swear, classic NT s**t right here

Did you watch Jimmy game one? I'm not saying Mullens should be anywhere near a starter but Mullens deserves the same patience.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THIS IS WHY i wanted JOSH ROSEN !!!

CAN WE STILL SIGN THE GUY ???
dude's arm is weak,no matter what patient you got. best can be shuan hill
Originally posted by dioworld:
dude's arm is weak,no matter what patient you got. best can be shuan hill
Yeah, Garoppolo just cannot throw downfield.
  • Jiks
Y'all going to be eating crow when Mullens leads Miami to a SB.
Share 49ersWebzone