There are 264 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BOI49er:
From what they said about holding firm for a mid rounder, I suspect they Were offered a 7th or better and turned it down.

Lynch is the only GM in the league that would trade a mid round pick for a below average back up QB...no one else is that dumb...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
but but but i thought kyle had a hard-on for cj?

Well he's still on the team and Shanahan usually keeps two QB's.

lol they are waiting for a trade partner and if we need an extra spot on the roster cj will get cut. not that hard to figure out

Agree

If JL/KS were offered a 7th - they made the right move.

From what they said about holding firm for a mid rounder, I suspect they Were offered a 7th or better and turned it down.

This.... which is not the right move if it was offered for Beathard
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

lol they are waiting for a trade partner and if we need an extra spot on the roster cj will get cut. not that hard to figure out

Agree

If JL/KS were offered a 7th - they made the right move.

This.... which is not the right move if it was offered for Beathard

If you take ShanaLynch at their word. A midround pick would translate in my mind to round = 3.5 (if you round up - 4; if you round down 3) Several webzone draft nerds have valued CJ at 6th or lower.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

But they have a trade partner and want too much. Dude is not worth anything more than a 7th round pick at this point. If they didn't have a hard on for Beathard he'd be cut.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

But they have a trade partner and want too much. Dude is not worth anything more than a 7th round pick at this point. If they didn't have a hard on for Beathard he'd be cut.

I know the popular sentiment is that the FO has too much pride on C.J.

If you read between the lines I think there's some concern of JG making it through the season, and there's your answer right there as to why C.J. is here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:

If you read between the lines I think there's some concern of JG making it through the season, and there's your answer right there as to why C.J. is here.

That is a very good point right there. But think about it, if Lynch got his mid round pick he is supposedly asking for it makes the type of depth at the QB position irrelevant. If you're down to your last QB you might as well start a practice squader the way did with Nick Mullens.
Here's to hoping Jimmy G stays healthy, and sooner rather than later a team loses a QB, and trades a 5th or 6th to us for Beathard, so we can add a better player to our 53.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Here's to hoping Jimmy G stays healthy, and sooner rather than later a team loses a QB, and trades a 5th or 6th to us for Beathard, so we can add a better player to our 53.

Yup, I'm definitely hoping and praying for that to happen.
Originally posted by Crown:

That's a s**tty answer then. If something were to happen to JG, then It's Mullens who will come in. Finding a backup for Mullens that can give us what CJ can isn't hard to find.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I don't know why, but it pisses me off that people in here refer to him as "Mullins" instead of Mullens.

the overhypers comparing him to Warriors great Chris Mullins?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's earned it.

Wow total suprise!

Kyle a poker player. Had me guessing all the way. Even riled up some Zoners too

Its embarrassing our coach ever cast a doubt on it.

Mullens is much better than Beathard and the clear #2
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's earned it.

Wow total suprise!

Kyle a poker player. Had me guessing all the way. Even riled up some Zoners too

Its embarrassing our coach ever cast a doubt on it.

Mullens is much better than Beathard and the clear #2

Nah, it is an age old coaching tactic to keep guys pushing. Never give anyone the job even if they have it.
just nice to have a solid backup now, kudos to KS for developing a solid QB1B
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I don't know why, but it pisses me off that people in here refer to him as "Mullins" instead of Mullens.

Microsoft's auto-correct used to do that to me and got me a couple times. I had to correct it manually each and every time. Not sure when that ended, maybe when Nick balled out last there MS updated their "don't auto-correct" list.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Microsoft's auto-correct used to do that to me and got me a couple times. I had to correct it manually each and every time. Not sure when that ended, maybe when Nick balled out last there MS updated their "don't auto-correct" list.

Ahhhh, reminds me of the day when the 49ers had a CB by the last name Rodgers...
Share 49ersWebzone