Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why does everyone want to get rid of Mullens

Where do you see that?

Here, GarnerValleyFan brought it up.

Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
If we ain't gonna start Mullen, we should trade him for picks, Mullen is too good to not start.

That's like one guy lmao.

Lol, yeah I know - some other people have brought it up before, though.
GarnerValleyFan isn't everyone, mayo. I think most fans are pretty happy to have Mullens as the backup.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 10, 2019 at 2:31 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
GarnerValleyFan isn't everyone, mayo. I think most fans are pretty happy to have Mullens as the backup.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Debryune:
The same goes for Mullen, he is our best QB, our Romo. He is the one that will bring us to the promised land, with Shanny of course.

Can't wait till he outshines JImmy G in the preseason, and everyone on the Zone just says Jimmy needs to work off the rust.

drinking this early huh?

If Nick is our Romo, then we are doomed.

I don't think Mullen's can unseat Jimmy, but stranger things have happened in the NFL. One thing that will start me to even begin to entertain such thoughts is if Mullen's racks up a ton of passing yards and TD's and Jimmy throws a bunch of interceptions and zero TD's. Barring that, Jimmy is our starter.

What I'm looking for is for Wilton to challenge Mullens in training camp this year in preseason and hopefully Wilton can make the practice squad and in 2020 give Mullens all he can handle to keep his 2nd string job behind Jimmy.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Debryune:
The same goes for Mullen, he is our best QB, our Romo. He is the one that will bring us to the promised land, with Shanny of course.

Can't wait till he outshines JImmy G in the preseason, and everyone on the Zone just says Jimmy needs to work off the rust.

drinking this early huh?

If Nick is our Romo, then we are doomed.

I don't think Mullen's can unseat Jimmy, but stranger things have happened in the NFL. One thing that will start me to even begin to entertain such thoughts is if Mullen's racks up a ton of passing yards and TD's and Jimmy throws a bunch of interceptions and zero TD's. Barring that, Jimmy is our starter.

What I'm looking for is for Wilton to challenge Mullens in training camp this year in preseason and hopefully Wilton can make the practice squad and in 2020 give Mullens all he can handle to keep his 2nd string job behind Jimmy.

Or if Jimmy G re-injures his knee or something

We need to trade Braveheart for an elite secondary
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Or if Jimmy G re-injures his knee or something

We need to trade Braveheart for an elite secondary

Yup, that or an OLineman that can bolster the interior line.
Of all the surprises last yr ...and most of them were somewhere between horrible to bad...Mullins was the biggest ...surprise that is. And in a good way. He just kind of appeared on the squad, worked his way up, and has become what would or should be a very valuable asset...a backup QB who has shown he can play as a starter, who on a team with little to no QB protection, manages to get the ball out like lightning. He is a must have on this team.

As for trading him for a starting OG or DB.... baloney. The kid is a fantastic find but does make CJ somewhat of a 3rd wheel on an adult's bicycle. Trading Mullie would be a colossal blunder...and we aren't about to do it.. CJ? Well , kyle obviously likes him but I have a hard time seeing any team wanting him desperately. Could someone pick him up off the practice squad? Yup.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 12, 2019 at 7:17 AM ]
So good we have this dude. Great eye by Kyle. Jimmy or no Jimmy, I think we are in good hands if Nick has to play.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Of all the surprises last yr ...and most of them were somewhere between horrible to bad...Mullins was the biggest ...surprise that is. And in a good way. He just kind of appeared on the squad, worked his way up, and has become what would or should be a very valuable asset...a backup QB who has shown he can play as a starter, who on a team with little to no QB protection, manages to get the ball out like lightning. He is a must have on this team.

As for trading him for a starting OG or DB.... baloney. The kid is a fantastic find but does make CJ somewhat of a 3rd wheel on an adult's bicycle. Trading Mullie would be a colossal blunder...and we aren't about to do it.. CJ? Well , kyle obviously likes him but I have a hard time seeing any team wanting him desperately. Could someone pick him up off the practice squad? Yup.

I don't see anyone picking up CJ LoseOften off the PS.
Originally posted by Joecool:
So good we have this dude. Great eye by Kyle. Jimmy or no Jimmy, I think we are in good hands if Nick has to play.

Could it be that trading for GQ was Lynch and signing Mullens was Shanny? Lynch's whole GM career is on the back of GQ's starting.

Calmdownbro.jpg

Originally posted by Joecool:

Could it be that trading for GQ was Lynch and signing Mullens was Shanny? Lynch's whole GM career is on the back of GQ's starting.

If Mullens was all that, why didn't we draft him and then later why did we expose him to waivers twice, in 2017 and 2018?
BDN in the house!!!!
How about we got a special talent in JimmyG. He hasn't performed much but the taste we got in 2017 was special. Then 3 games in, 2018, tears up his knee. A guy we picked up UDFA takes over and in a complex O, does extraordinarily well. Gets beat to a pulp and still played well.

There is no problem in believing both. It is just that JG is a special talent who served as the understudy of the eras best QB...and same for his HC. Mullie did a great job while in. But he isn't the same talent that JG is. As a #2, the guy is extraordinary. But that doesn't make him the same caliber QB that JG is. JG has done 4 yrs of post grad work under two of the best in the business. Mullie didn't have that kind of advantage. He is without a doubt the best #2 we could find ...anywhere. But he isn't JG.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
How about we got a special talent in JimmyG. He hasn't performed much but the taste we got in 2017 was special. Then 3 games in, 2018, tears up his knee. A guy we picked up UDFA takes over and in a complex O, does extraordinarily well. Gets beat to a pulp and still played well.

There is no problem in believing both. It is just that JG is a special talent who served as the understudy of the eras best QB...and same for his HC. Mullie did a great job while in. But he isn't the same talent that JG is. As a #2, the guy is extraordinary. But that doesn't make him the same caliber QB that JG is. JG has done 4 yrs of post grad work under two of the best in the business. Mullie didn't have that kind of advantage. He is without a doubt the best #2 we could find ...anywhere. But he isn't JG.

Just saying it's nice to know our backup can come in and win.

And Mullins is tight with Brett Favre.
Share 49ersWebzone