LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

QB Nick Mullens is now a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
It's possible that if Mullens plays he can have some early success due to surprise / different rhythms & strengths as compared to Beathard, but chances are his more limited talent level will result in the Raiders catching up in the second half to those strengths.

When the game is on the line at the end the odds will be against Mullens being able to be a "closer" like we've needed. (Plus, he can't also play EDGE rusher, which is the closer you need on defense at the end of games).

Hope that if he plays the kid plays well enough to help the team, but this is a big ask for him.

I honestly think he will start out hot. An offense that produces, a hungry 3rd string qb, and going against a pretty bad defense. Of course he could totally pull a Peterman and s**t the bed but I would be willing to bet he will be okay.
over/under line on him turning the ball over tonight...2.5
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
over/under line on him turning the ball over tonight...2.5

I'll say over, 3 total. 2 INT's and 1 fumble sounds reasonable.
Savage released. CJ must be available, but who starts?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by BOI49er:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Cam Inman‏Verified account @CamInman

#49ers will start quarterback Nick Mullens today against the Raiders, 49ers confirm
CJ is healthy enough to come in as a backup but not healthy enough to start?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

LMAO. This is going to be epic.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Mullens is gonna come out like my dude kap did vs the bears like 20 years ago.

A STAR IS BORN !!!!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

And cut Tom Savage for Emmanuel Moseley.
The Nick Mullens experience - in just under three hours from now. Should be interesting. If you have to be thrown into your first NFL start, this year's Raiders aren't a bad opponent to face. Here's hoping for the best with him at QB.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Nov 1, 2018 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
The Nick Mullens experience - in just under three hours from now. Should be interesting. If you have to be thrown into your first NFL start, this year's Raiders aren't a bad opponent to face. Here's hoping for the best with him at QB.

Sounds like Cody Pickett all over again
Finally, was tired of seeing beathard hold onto the ball for forever waiting to get sacked and gassing our defense for them being on the field so many times.
Share 49ersWebzone