LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I must have forgotten (or didn't know) but AC had surgery on his ankle, and had hamstring and a hip issue too. Biderman said they are working him back in cautiously.

BTW: Are JD, NY and me, the only ones who still believe in this kid?

thought you were pissed they didn't address FS since it's a glaring hole?
1st year I thought he flashed elite traits
2nd year kind of scared me since the things he was struggling with (not wrapping up, poor angles) were what was talked about in his scouting report out of college.
We shall see. Hope he has a strong year

A smart FO wouldn't 'count' on a 7th rounder let alone bring back Glass Joe and give him the starting job for free...er, $4.5M.

But I hear you. I still believe in him but he certainly lost some swag/confidence and didn't exactly have stellar coaching/development.

Ankle surgery, bad hamstring and messed up hip certainly helped derail him too.

Fingers crossed. It sounds like he put on 15 pounds to play more interchangeably at FS/SS.
I must have forgotten (or didn't know) but AC had surgery on his ankle, and had hamstring and a hip issue too. Biderman said they are working him back in cautiously.

BTW: Are JD, NY and me, the only ones who still believe in this kid?

thought you were pissed they didn't address FS since it's a glaring hole?
1st year I thought he flashed elite traits
2nd year kind of scared me since the things he was struggling with (not wrapping up, poor angles) were what was talked about in his scouting report out of college.
We shall see. Hope he has a strong year

A smart FO wouldn't 'count' on a 7th rounder let alone bring back Glass Joe and give him the starting job for free...er, $4.5M.

But I hear you. I still believe in him but he certainly lost some swag/confidence and didn't exactly have stellar coaching/development.

Ankle surgery, bad hamstring and messed up hip certainly helped derail him too.

Fingers crossed. It sounds like he put on 15 pounds to play more interchangeably at FS/SS.

If one of Colbert, Moore or Ward (not counting on it whatsoever) can play well coupled with an improved front 7, I think they will be looking pretty good in the secondary . Fingers crossed
Why do DBs get injured the most?

Acls I can see but hip and knee injuries? Landing wrong?
If one of Colbert, Moore or Ward (not counting on it whatsoever) can play well coupled with an improved front 7, I think they will be looking pretty good in the secondary . Fingers crossed

They certainly have the ability. Like Woods said, there's talent there. It could all work out just fine.
DB's can be really surprising when they get to the NFL since so many college defenses are very vanilla. Some of these guys have talent that never shows in college but when they get to the NFL the coaches can put them in spots where they can shine. Others are just in over their heads and never can adjust to the complex defenses that they are asked to play. They are the mystery men of the league. Lot's of good DB's come from small colleges.
dude is looking a lot bigger
Need to calm his tits. Stop trying to make a play on every play, biting on everything. Be a FS, hang back and let the play come to you. Recognize quicker. Put on the afterburner and hammer only when 100% sure.

Let's go AC!!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 4, 2019 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
dude is looking a lot bigger

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
DB's can be really surprising when they get to the NFL since so many college defenses are very vanilla. Some of these guys have talent that never shows in college but when they get to the NFL the coaches can put them in spots where they can shine. Others are just in over their heads and never can adjust to the complex defenses that they are asked to play. They are the mystery men of the league. Lot's of good DB's come from small colleges.

I have maintained all along with any talent whatsoever, and a GOOD DB coach, we may be just fine. Between DL and DB coaches last yr, they did not distinguish themselves. And it appears , after listening to both, we have two top notch guys this yr . Saleh has the LBs covered, and now we got kocurek and Woods. Between all 6 ...or is it 8 guys , and some we have seen some very good play from ...just not last yr....anyway, just by really upping the coaching component, we may have a very nice D backfield.

We know the DL will be a slam dunk with talent, asssuming healthy, but now with Kocurek....we are in business. I'm betting Woods gets these guys to play well . If so, look out.
broski coming into camp with a punisher shirt, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat lol

Originally posted by NYniner85:
broski coming into camp with a punisher shirt, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat lol

Maybe he's trying to get back to the old town road
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
I think he surprises and becomes the starter regardless of Ward's health. He has elite ability. It's about play recognition and angles for him. That comes with experience.

Why I think he'll start
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MARCELL will be the starter... Colbert can be the star playing special team!!
Is this guy even alive?
Haven't heard anything about him since OTA's.
Gawd I am praying Moore takes the starting job over Trauma Ward if not we are in deep s**t at FS position.
Every day I read how is giving up big plays, taking bad angles, mis-reading plays, etc
Share 49ersWebzone