LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Colbert needs to worry about how he can get his job back from Marcell Harris.. Harris, IMO is already the better player and he's got better overall instinct for the short period of time that he's gotten on the field.

AC got tossed under the bus for that big play PIN concept he gave up against ARI. But one must remember every safety for the past 30 years has been burned by that play at least once. Joe Montana destroyed Steve At**ter with that concept about 4 or 5 times in the SB. I don't think anyone would say At**ter was a bum.

I've seen Earl Thomad get burned by that concept too.

I still believe in AC. I think he has huge upside and has showed a rare range that can make him a special player.

I think the falloff of Reuben Foster really hurt him. This matching zone requires smart, fast LB's who can help against that intermediate area. Foster was the man in 2017 with that and AC was able to play center field.

Wasn't the same in 2018 and we also had some horrid tackling underneath that made our whole secondary start biting on short stuff.

Not sure why it's censoring A T W A T E R

Wait, nope, I see now, lol
[ Edited by jonnydel on Feb 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM ]
Hope he can rebound from a rough year. Had high hopes for him at the end of 2017
Colbert needs to worry about how he can get his job back from Marcell Harris.. Harris, IMO is already the better player and he's got better overall instinct for the short period of time that he's gotten on the field.

Harris is a SS so Colbert doesn't need to worry about getting his FS job back from him
Originally posted by jonnydel:
AC got tossed under the bus for that big play PIN concept he gave up against ARI. But one must remember every safety for the past 30 years has been burned by that play at least once. Joe Montana destroyed Steve At**ter with that concept about 4 or 5 times in the SB. I don't think anyone would say At**ter was a bum.

I still believe in AC. I think he has huge upside and has showed a rare range that can make him a special player.

I think the falloff of Reuben Foster really hurt him. This matching zone requires smart, fast LB's who can help against that intermediate area. Foster was the man in 2017 with that and AC was able to play center field.

Wasn't the same in 2018 and we also had some horrid tackling underneath that made our whole secondary start biting on short stuff.

25% for saying At**ter.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He got injured. Tried to play through it but didn't look good. Hopefully will stay healthy in 2019. That whole secondary got injured like the receivers. Weird.

Yup.

Hope he bounces back strong this season
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Earl Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Colbert

Yes. But I think AC could be very good backup and elite special teams player. If he's healthy he should have an important role. Just hopefully behind Earl Thomas.
Originally posted by Niners418:

Yes. But I think AC could be very good backup and elite special teams player. If he's healthy he should have an important role. Just hopefully behind Earl Thomas.

Marcell Harris will beat him out even for the backup job, If we sign Thomas this dude will get cut in August
Originally posted by Niners418:

Marcell Harris will beat him out even for the backup job, If we sign Thomas this dude will get cut in August

I don't see that happening, him and Harris will compete either to start or to back up each S position if Thomas is signed, he's a 7th round pick who is young and cheap so I'm sure he gets another shot to help this team somehow..
Originally posted by jonnydel:

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lol @ t**t water

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Lol @ t**t water

That was great. Makes me want to say @t**t @t**t @t**t @t**t multiple times
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 12, 2019 at 1:22 AM ]
Is that AC rapping? If so, ankle looks ready.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Is that AC rapping? If so, ankle looks ready.

ready to give up that 80 yd td.

Most unlikely. Rookie contract. Last year shows how much depth is needed.
Originally posted by English:

Most unlikely. Rookie contract. Last year shows how much depth is needed.

Yeah, bizarre take on that one.

If ET3 is signed they're rolling with either four or five safeties depending on how ST shakes out (and ST is WAY to Colbert's benefit).

That's ET3, Tartt, Colbert, and at least one of Harris or Exum, if not both of them, or someone coming in and bumping them off.
Share 49ersWebzone