LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 179 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I wouldn't put all my chips in ET, hes had 2 broken legs in the past 3 years.

Maybe he can teach Colbert about angles. Although nvm, I guess that should be the position coach's job.
[ Edited by zonkers on Jan 27, 2019 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I wouldn't put all my chips in ET, hes had 2 broken legs in the past 3 years.

That's where I'm at. Not against bringing him in but not on a big GTD contract and notwith a GTD starting spot. Make Colbert believe he could win the starting job.
Maybe Colbert can play behind ET for a couple years, learn a thing or 2.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Maybe Colbert can play behind ET for a couple years, learn a thing or 2.

Colbert already 2 years in. He's not going to learn anything by sitting and watching when he can learn it from Sherman while they are playing together. Colbert just needs to get healthy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Colbert needs to worry about how he can get his job back from Marcell Harris.. Harris, IMO is already the better player and he's got better overall instinct for the short period of time that he's gotten on the field.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Colbert needs to worry about how he can get his job back from Marcell Harris.. Harris, IMO is already the better player and he's got better overall instinct for the short period of time that he's gotten on the field.

I think you mean Tartt? Harris is strictly a SS not FS like Colbert.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Tartt was worse that Colbert this year.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Tartt was worse that Colbert this year.

+1 and he's a guaranteed lock to get hurt every season ala Ward.
meh
he should be a liability more than a safety.

He got injured. Tried to play through it but didn't look good. Hopefully will stay healthy in 2019. That whole secondary got injured like the receivers. Weird.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He got injured. Tried to play through it but didn't look good. Hopefully will stay healthy in 2019. That whole secondary got injured like the receivers. Weird.

Yup.

This team needs to sign two veteran safties.
Hope he didn't lose the speed
Earl Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Colbert
Share 49ersWebzone