There are 190 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by thl408:

I told you. I want to clean our roster that I want cut or release by Eric Reid!!

AC is playing FS...Reid is playing SS.

What does one have to do with the other in terms of roster changes ?
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by thl408:

I told you. I want to clean our roster that I want cut or release by Eric Reid!!

AC is playing FS...Reid is playing SS.

What does one have to do with the other in terms of roster changes ?

Yes. I know. Reid is playing SS when he was suck for 3 years and since in while and same things. Make me sick enough. I really hate him. He is kinda bust. I am not happy. He is not impressive our suck defense team. He is damn waste our roster for years.
Reid is nothing focus by himself about worst defense and nothing to everything worst the defense our suck team because of him. He is very avoid the tackle and idiot that too slow for reach at.. then I hate him again. I don't like him so much period! I want to released him and bye at him. He is loser!!!
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Nov 10, 2017 at 10:33 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bvc49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
TY!!

Dude looks super fast.

He ran a 4.25 at his pro day.

http://www.hookemplus.com/2017/03/29/former-texas-db-adrian-colbert-runs-4-25-second-40-yard-dash-pro-day/
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Heroism:
TY!!

Dude looks super fast.

He ran a 4.25 at his pro day.

http://www.hookemplus.com/2017/03/29/former-texas-db-adrian-colbert-runs-4-25-second-40-yard-dash-pro-day/

Even if he doesnt lock up the FS job next year i can see him challenging Tartt or even like i mentioned...backup both S spots and maybe he takes over a spot in 2019. Ward and Tartt both FAs after next year.
Really intrigued with this kid. He will get some valuable time now with Tartt and Ward out. Man we deserve to get lucky with a pick and player like Colbert...🙏
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Even if he doesnt lock up the FS job next year i can see him challenging Tartt or even like i mentioned...backup both S spots and maybe he takes over a spot in 2019. Ward and Tartt both FAs after next year.

Yeah I think he could be a valuable backup who can play both safety spots as well some nickel corner in a pinch. Man I hope he has a strong 2nd half and he could compete with Ward for the starting FS job with Tartt at SS. I would like to see Ward go back to corner
Dude looks super fast.

He's got big time speed and athletic ability. Just never put it together but up until his senior year, he has horrible coaching at The U
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Yeah I think he could be a valuable backup who can play both safety spots as well some nickel corner in a pinch. Man I hope he has a strong 2nd half and he could compete with Ward for the starting FS job with Tartt at SS. I would like to see Ward go back to corner

Id be really smart to cross train him. He reminded me of Kam on the last play

Im still a Jimmie and Tartt in 2018 guy. An upgrade to DJ and push him down the depth chart along with getting a couple pass rushers is what i want lol.

Im still a Jimmie and Tartt in 2018 guy. An upgrade to DJ and push him down the depth chart along with getting a couple pass rushers is what i want lol.

I like Ward, but he can't stay healthy. Safety is a brutal position, and he just isn't durable. Colbert has the tools to play single high, see if he has them. Move Ward back to corner, but don't count on him to be there all year.

Originally posted by DASeiler49:

I like Ward, but he can't stay healthy. Safety is a brutal position, and he just isn't durable. Colbert has the tools to play single high, see if he has them. Move Ward back to corner, but don't count on him to be there all year.

Thats why i feel f**k it just roll with Jimmie and keep him for the 5th year. See what he has once and for all.
We already picked up the 5th year option on Ward, so why wouldn't we keep him?
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Because they may think he's not worth the $8.5M. They don't pay him that unless he's on the team next year if I'm not mistaken. Guaranteed except for Injury
Just looked it up on overthecap.com and you are right that it's not guaranteed. He doesn't even have to be hurt, it's basically a team option, and if we cut him before the season, then we don't pay him anything of the 8.5 million. Ward is a tough one for me, because he was a good corner (but hurt a lot) a decent FS (but hurt). Sometimes guys are just to injury prone to be counted on. Look at Eifert for the Bengals. The guy was a stud when he played. Key word is when he played. He's been in the league 5 years and his games played look like this (15, 1, 13, 8, 2 ) So 39 games out of a potential 80. So less than half the games over a 5 year span. Ward in his 4 years has played (8, 16, 11, 7 ) so 42 out of a potential 64 so he plays in about 66% of his games. Higher margin than Eifert, but still an alraming low % considering the position he plays.

Ward might be brought back on his 1 year deal as a prove it season, but he could probably be had for a lower price, and perhaps could be had on a multi year deal at a lower price? If Colbert looks good the rest of the season at FS, I would give Ward the option to sign a 3 year deal for around 18 million total, or we let him become a FA and move on from him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Yeah, Ward is coming back.
Share 49ersWebzone