LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Just like Kocurek is focusing on Solly, I hope Woods helps Colbert more. We need him to start over Jimmie.

I would start an inflatable stop sign in the middle of the field over Ward

It's settled!!! They NEED to bring in a couple more Safeties!!!
They need to sign Eric Berry to show Colbert what it takes to be the man.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
They need to sign Eric Berry to show Colbert what it takes to be the man.

Lol...so we gonna sign Berry to be a coach?

Dude can't stay in the field
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He'll still play a few games and if he gets hurt then he can coach Colbert on the sidelines just his presence alone will help. And if he dont get hurt we'll have an above average veteran our defense could be top 5. Think about it. Colberts main weakness is hes over aggressive if he had a lil more discipline he could be decent.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 15, 2019 at 11:45 AM ]

He'll still play a few games and if he gets hurt then he can coach Colbert on the sidelines just his presence alone will help. And if he dont get hurt we'll have an above average veteran our defense could be top 5. Think about it. Colberts main weakness is hes over aggressive if he had a lil more discipline he could be decent.

My problem with Berry is that he's more on an in-box safety. He'd be better off coaching up Tartt than Colbert.

why would he coach Colbert? just cause? not everyone is Sherm. money plays a part and I'm guessing he's not playing for the vet min.

we have enough broken down players

why would he coach Colbert? just cause? not everyone is Sherm. money plays a part and I'm guessing he's not playing for the vet min.

True. See: Flacco, Joe

He'd only coach Colbert if he gets injured who knows he might stay healthy hes better than ward and colbert who have also been injured. what other options are out there for free safety? Thats our main weakness right now i think we're good at corner Verrett seens like hes good to go and if not i still have faith in Witherspoon, but free safety might be our achillies heel this year id rather sign a veteran to a cheap one year contract and then let colbert play when hes ready and more discplined. Jimmie Ward cant be relied on and u know it. We can be a playoff team this year with a top notch defense.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 16, 2019 at 12:08 AM ]
Hoping Colbert turns back into his rookie self. Also I'd like to see them try Moore out at FS, his natural spot. Or sign Tre Boston, how is he unsigned?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hoping Colbert turns back into his rookie self. Also I'd like to see them try Moore out at FS, his natural spot. Or sign Tre Boston, how is he unsigned?

Yea i was thinkin about tre boston too they say his tackling skills need work but hes better than Ward and colbert. He got more interceptions last year than ward and colberts whole careers combined. I hope Colbert can return to 2017 form too i want him to do good im hoping he can be the next dashon goldson minus the penalties but if he dont work out we got a problem.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 16, 2019 at 12:27 AM ]

I have no faith in our safeties at this time. That being said I hope they play really well this season and upcoming seasons and ill gladly be here to eat crow.

Until then
This guy is a big mystery. Can he come back healthy and look like the player he was late in 2017 season or is he the guy who couldn't hold a starting job at either Miami or Texas!?! He could be a key contributer this season or be cut in training camp...
He'd only coach Colbert if he gets injured who knows he might stay healthy hes better than ward and colbert who have also been injured. what other options are out there for free safety? Thats our main weakness right now i think we're good at corner Verrett seens like hes good to go and if not i still have faith in Witherspoon, but free safety might be our achillies heel this year id rather sign a veteran to a cheap one year contract and then let colbert play when hes ready and more discplined. Jimmie Ward cant be relied on and u know it. We can be a playoff team this year with a top notch defense.

They aren't gonna throw more money at another injured player...the team is at it's injured player max currently lol.

You can't fix every single thing in an off season. Who says he's playing on a cheap deal anyway?

Berry can't be relied on either at this point in his career. You just like the name, but he's not the same dude anymore.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Maybe Tre Boston isn't really that good or maybe he thinks he's better than what the NFL thinks and hasn't gotten anything close to what he wants in a deal? He's stated he doesn't want his 3rd "prove it" deal.

Has he even visited a team in FA? I'd bring him in over Berry that's for sure
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 16, 2019 at 5:22 AM ]

They aren't gonna throw more money at another injured player...the team is at it's injured player max currently lol.

You can't fix every single thing in an off season. Who says he's playing on a cheap deal anyway?

Berry can't be relied on either at this point in his career. You just like the name, but he's not the same dude anymore.

There's Glover Quin still out there too any one of these 3 is better than who we have like i said in the Glover thread. And we have all this money a one year contract shouldnt cost nothing. What's the point of having money if you dont spend it? Im not saying break the bank but we can make our team a lil better be spending a lil more money. And we're close to turning it around we could by have done it this offseason had we drafted Adderely. But we didnt all im saying is theres better options out there than what we got and they wont be too exensive.
Share 49ersWebzone