LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
We need him all season given all the other injuries - he's our version of Chris Jones!
This guy is a menace. Reminds me of a better quicker Brenston Buckner.
Hurt again.
Thought highly of this guy but there are replacements who are good and staying healthy. Move on.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Dec 7, 2020 at 9:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Thought highly of this guy but there are replacements who are good and staying healthy. Move on.

Agreed. We need the cap space
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's not going to get big money. He just came on last season as a rotation player. He had a couple good outings this year, but nothing top tier. And he's hurt yet again to end his season.

He may be back for the same reason Blair and Thomas may come back. Need to build their name on bargain one-year deals and try for FA in 2022.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's not going to get big money. He just came on last season as a rotation player. He had a couple good outings this year, but nothing top tier. And he's hurt yet again to end his season.

He may be back for the same reason Blair and Thomas may come back. Need to build their name on bargain one-year deals and try for FA in 2022.

Might be a sunk cost though, if they can't play (durability).
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:

Doesn't matter if the compensation is appropriate. Nobody is saying he is overpaid now because he has over performed his rookie contract. Will be the same if he gets another bargain deal to come back for a year.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Doesn't matter if the compensation is appropriate. Nobody is saying he is overpaid now because he has over performed his rookie contract. Will be the same if he gets another bargain deal to come back for a year.

I'm all for Jones on a cheap deal next year. But Thomas..why?
Team is looking like it has real depth in the interior defensive front. The guys that they promoted for the Rams' game gave the starters necessary breathers with decent productivity. I'd say promote next year from within and save every penny for the Corner spot and extensions to guys like Warner, Juszczyk etc.

Turned into a really good player with upside. He'll end up in Seattle unfortunately.
Team is looking like it has real depth in the interior defensive front. The guys that they promoted for the Rams' game gave the starters necessary breathers with decent productivity. I'd say promote next year from within and save every penny for the Corner spot and extensions to guys like Warner, Juszczyk etc.

I'm leaning towards having Givens start at NT, he's signed for 2021, I'd focus on re-signing Juice, Trent, Hyder, and Verrett, along with extending Warner, & Mostert, tender Moseley, Mullens, Wilson, Harris, and Brunskill.
Originally posted by steiber:
Turned into a really good player with upside. He'll end up in Seattle unfortunately.

Why would he end up in Seattle? He's signed in 2021, he won't be a UFA until 2024.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I'm leaning towards having Givens start at NT, he's signed for 2021, I'd focus on re-signing Juice, Trent, Hyder, and Verrett, along with extending Warner, & Mostert, tender Moseley, Mullens, Wilson, Harris, and Brunskill.
Originally posted by steiber:

Why would he end up in Seattle? He's signed in 2021, he won't be a UFA until 2024.

They swear everyone is going to end up in Seattle, even though most players don't and the ones that do don't amount to much.
  • thl408
Had the healthiest year of his career (14 games) and shouldn't be expensive, but if the staff feels good about Darrian Daniels then Daniels may get elevated in 2021. Too many impact players to pay this offseason. I think DJ Jones may have played his last snap as a 49er, and if Daniels isn't ready for a bigger role then the 49ers need to find DJJ's replacement - it's not KStreet and it's not Solly.
Originally posted by thl408:
Had the healthiest year of his career (14 games) and shouldn't be expensive, but if the staff feels good about Darrian Daniels then Daniels may get elevated in 2021. Too many impact players to pay this offseason. I think DJ Jones may have played his last snap as a 49er, and if Daniels isn't ready for a bigger role then the 49ers need to find DJJ's replacement - it's not KStreet and it's not Solly.

Yea I think DJ is gone. He played well down the stretch. but i didn't see anything from him that Daniels and givens couldn't handle
Share 49ersWebzone