LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
have to figure this guy is in their plans right? He played quite well before his injury.
If this kid stays healthy he's gonna be real good
Originally posted by NYniner85:

saw back in the Buckner thread AA will take over Buckner's role. Does that mean D.J. would in theory be the space eater next to AA? He certainly has some pass rush ability. Guy was good before he got hurt.
  • thl408
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

saw back in the Buckner thread AA will take over Buckner's role. Does that mean D.J. would in theory be the space eater next to AA? He certainly has some pass rush ability. Guy was good before he got hurt.
DJJ was already the nose last season so I don't think his role changes with Buckner's departure. I was going to highlight Ward in this play, but from the end zone view, here's DJJ beasting.
Originally posted by thl408:
DJJ was already the nose last season so I don't think his role changes with Buckner's departure. I was going to highlight Ward in this play, but from the end zone view, here's DJJ beasting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DJJ put up some respectable pass-rush productivity as a true 2i nose in this scheme. It would allow them the flexibility to stay in base personnel on every down if they wish.
Sucks he got hurt.
Could have used him for the SB big time.

Hopefully he's fully recovered.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Mar 17, 2020 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Sucks he got hurt.
Could have used him for the SB big time.

Hopefully he's fully recovered.

More importantly hopefully we sign him
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by thl408:

I wouldn't be surprised to see DJJ put up some respectable pass-rush productivity as a true 2i nose in this scheme. It would allow them the flexibility to stay in base personnel on every down if they wish.

I may be off on this but in that first Bucs game, against a pass happy QB and offense, Saleh seemed to stay in base a ton...leaving all 3 LB's on the field and an interchangeable S dropping down and lining up right next to them like a 4-LB look.

Then injuries happened.

But I think that may have been a forecast for what Saleh wanted all along??? Being able to stay in base in most circumstances.

He has the LB's to leave out there and that might be significant with Greenlaw, Alexander and Warner vying for playing time.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 17, 2020 at 3:50 PM ]
He is one of the quickest fat men Ive seen. He and Solomon Thomas will make up possibly 70% of Buckners production.

Come to think of it, forget Thomas just go with Jones on that. If he can get 4-5 sacks that would be great
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 17, 2020 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
He is one of the quickest fat men Ive seen. He and Solomon Thomas will make up possibly 70% of Buckners production.

Come to think of it, forget Thomas just go with Jones on that. If he can get 4-5 sacks that would be great

To be honest when he got hurt our dlines unstoppableness went out the door

which is one of the main reasons he's such a good fit in this scheme. Those interior guys need to be explosive and quick.

I loved this sack!

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

which is one of the main reasons he's such a good fit in this scheme. Those interior guys need to be explosive and quick.

I loved this sack!

Such a great football play 💪🏽
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
NFL offenses and KC were lucky DJ Jones was out for the season. He's one of my favorites on defense and if he stays healthy will be yours too!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
NFL offenses and KC were lucky DJ Jones was out for the season. He's one of my favorites on defense and if he stays healthy will be yours too!!!

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Looking back now it's silly, but I was actually a little worried about not having him available in the NFC title game. He wrecked several plays before they could even get started in the regular season match-up vs. GB. He's a stud.
Share 49ersWebzone