LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
How about that play by DJ Jones yesterday? Dude ate the double team like it was a honey bun, got rid of them, and made the tackle.
Originally posted by Heroism:
How about that play by DJ Jones yesterday? Dude ate the double team like it was a honey bun, got rid of them, and made the tackle.

Can we get some love for DJ Jones? Ate that double like a snack. Nice job by Solly as well.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 25, 2019 at 3:35 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I've always liked DJ Jones I just thought he was injured this whole time.

Can we get some love for DJ Jones? Ate that double like a snack. Nice job by Solly as well.

Nice play
  • thl408
Stout. Kept wondering why DJJ wasn't playing over Earl Mitchell last season. Is he quick enough at the snap to play that 2i?

Heroism, there was a play vs KC where Day beat the downblock from the center and forced a holding penalty (9 yard run called back). That was textbook 2i play on how to beat a downblock with quickness and strength. NFL Rewind shows the KC broadcast, which did not show the end zone view, but the SF broadcast did show the endzone view. Are you able to gif that?
^^^answer to your question is because our DC last yr really was just a LB coach...with not much in the line of talent, except for 10 DTs, no DEs. And DL was not Saleh's forte. Nor were DBs. Same can be said for front 7 schemes, Corner blitzes, and so on.

Fast forward to this yr, and saleh has both Kocurek and Woods to help with his weak suits. Also beginning in 1st PS game there were at least 5 blitzes and at least 1, maybe 2 were corner blitzes. DJJones didn't play last yr because saleh didn't know much about DLs. Kocurek does and he has had DJ in there and he looks good. We have to cut probably 2 of the DTs, both of whom will start wherever they end up. That's bad for us, but maybe since he wasn't a day one or two draft pick, he wont be so sought after and we may get to keep him, over lesser DT with a higher draft pick #.

I'd love to see him stay and the play above showed us a lot. The guy is quick , strong, smart, and can fight in close and win. DJ is the first and only guy i have ever seen in the combine who i noticed in the cone drill , an otherwise boring drill. But DJ was running the cones at about a 30 degree angle from the ground and blazing around the cones at a mere 320 lbs. THAT...that DID catch my eye....and i'''ve liked him ever since. Whichever DTs we lose in draft will probably be with a higher draft pick # , so maybe DJ is safe and plays for us this yr. At least so i hope.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
was that Michael " Silver Medalist " Carter???
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice play

Nobody noticed but Big Baby was the best DL on the field Sun except maybe AA. Don't look at the stat sheet
He's gonna need to be the starter next to Buck in the wide 9.

Originally posted by Boldjames:
Nobody noticed but Big Baby was the best DL on the field Sun except maybe AA. Don't look at the stat sheet

Yes he was. He may be our best run stopper outside AA and DBuck. He will be our starting NT by Week 5 IMO.

Good young player
  • thl408
Straight up rag dolled the right guard

Originally posted by thl408:

straight up how it's supposed to be done... completely occupies and then destroys the combo block, keeping one of them from getting on track to a backer
Glad he's finally getting his chance to start at nose. He deserves it. Dude has flashed from the moment he got on the field.
Originally posted by thl408:

I don't think anything has made me as mad as us starting Mitchell at NT the last couple years. As a former NT, these kinds of plays make me bubbly inside.
Share 49ersWebzone