Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by NCommand:

49ers retiring 81?

Works for me.
[ Edited by John_Candy on Mar 22, 2019 at 1:07 PM ]

49ers retiring 81?

Hopefully not. Owens didn't leave under good terms. He literally insulted Bill Walsh on his way out. He earned a place in the team HOF, but a number retirement should involve being a great 49ers ambassador and role model as well as a great player.

If BY doesn't get 97 retired, Owens shouldn't get 81 retired.

49ers retiring 81?

Nope. Jordan Matthews took that from him guaranteed lol
He's a quick little receiver, but I think he'll short nfl career with his small size.
comeback player of the year in 2019
Originally posted by 49ers808:

49ers retiring 81?

Nope. Jordan Matthews took that from him guaranteed lol

Poor guy. Jordan taking his number and his job. It sucks that Trent got hurt.
Not a big fan of teen numbers on WR's. I thought 81 was a good number for Taylor. I suspect the change has something to do with the team putting TO in their Hall of Fame but since I can safely say that Owens was one of my least favorite players to ever suit up for the 49ers, the idea of someone else wearing the number doesn't bother me at all. I also liked Richie James' 82 better than the 13 he opted for. At least with 82 he had something to aspire to. John Taylor WAS one of my favorites and it would be great to see someone bring that number back to significance with the team, especially a receiver who also return kicks. About the only teen number I like is 18 and I think it is fitting that Pettis is wearing that sine he reminds me a little of Washington. Though of course he has miles to go before he can even begin to live up to that legacy.
Don't underestimate the little guy and the fight in him.
I hope this dog is all the way back.

I wish there was a way we could keep all of these B-grade receivers on our roster.
My favorite white boi!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It'll be a good battle with James.

This is the truth. I hurt my back in October 2017 and I didnt start feeling normal until about 3 months ago.
Share 49ersWebzone