There are 163 users in the forums

WR Trent Taylor-Round 5-Pick 177

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice, these little pesky quick-twitch and speed-demon field stretchers could give Seattle fits:

XWR: Pierre Garçon; Marquise Goodwin
YWR: Jeremy Kerley; Trent Taylor
ZWR: Aldrick Robinson

Aldrick backed up Julio in Atlanta, so I'd expect Goodwin to start with Aldrick backing up Garçon. I hope KD Cannon earns a spot as well.
Originally posted by saniner:
Nice, these little pesky quick-twitch and speed-demon field stretchers could give Seattle fits:

Aldrick backed up Julio in Atlanta, so I'd expect Goodwin to start with Aldrick backing up Garçon. I hope KD Cannon earns a spot as well.

Could be the fastest set of WRs in the division for sure if Cannon and/or Bolden make the final roster. I think Bolden might have an edge due to return ability. Versatility on STs often times wins you jobs when you're fighting for that last spot on the depth chart.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'll get cut.

that UDFA is more impressive.

Yeah, Julio played the Z and like you said, Aldrick played there as well. Kyle already knows he can play there...that said, Goodwin has a legit chance to beat him out there. Either way, both will be used a lot if multiple positions given Kyle's acumen for creative play calling and utilization of weapons.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Could be the fastest set of WRs in the division for sure if Cannon and/or Bolden make the final roster. I think Bolden might have an edge due to return ability. Versatility on STs often times wins you jobs when you're fighting for that last spot on the depth chart.

Yes sir!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Forgot about Bolden. He has a legitimate shot with his ST play. Those last roster spots are going to be tough.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I see Taylor more as a Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss type

Don't see the Welker/Edelmann comparisons at all
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Post of the year.
Trent has a knack of breaking tackles as soon as he catches the ball. The way he quickly dips and gets under defenders before the know it, and just burst through them. I love it.

Also 49erInTheMidwest said it....but yeah watching his highlights, McCaffry..without top end speed, instantly came to mind.... the way he sniffs out every yard possible, as well as his ability to somehow get into the endzone...when it seems like defenders have angles on him, or are about to chase him down.

I'm glad we got him. As Kerley proved last year with clutch catches, it's great to have a reliable WR. So why not two, especially in case of injury.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Trent has a knack of breaking tackles as soon as he catches the ball. The way he quickly dips and gets under defenders before the know it, and just burst through them. I love it.

Also 49erInTheMidwest said it....but yeah watching his highlights, McCaffry..without top end speed, instantly came to mind.... the way he sniffs out every yard possible, as well as his ability to somehow get into the endzone...when it seems like defenders have angles on him, or are about to chase him down.

I'm glad we got him. As Kerley proved last year with clutch catches, it's great to have a reliable WR. So why not two, especially in case of injury.

4 WR sets with Kerley and Taylor as slots on each side, bunchies with the both of them in the bunch set....or a 5 WR set with Robinson sprinkled in is what I'd like to see.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 3, 2017 at 12:17 AM ]

we should just run and gun.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he'll get cut.

that UDFA is more impressive.

There is a good reason he was a UDFA. Taylor isnt nearly as fast but totally outclasses him when it comes to route running and catching ability.

And in the end playing WR is far more about who has the most overall skill not who runs the fastest in a straight line.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM ]
I like this kid a lot.

Now we just need one more WR. A big body. Next year.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I like this kid a lot.

Now we just need one more WR. A big body. Next year.

Or this one. I'm not giving up in Gordon or even Watkins
Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCS 2m2 minutes agoMore

C.J. Beathard is going to have to ice his arm after all work he saw in 1-on-1, 7-on-7 and team drills. Slot WR Trent Taylor nice showing.
Share 49ersWebzone