There are 253 users in the forums

WR Trent Taylor-Round 5-Pick 177

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol his comp is Cole Beasley or Danny Amendola apparently. Always hilarious when white WR are always compared to other white WR, and every white LB comp is Zach Thomas.

They were going to compare him to Calvin but does his game reflect that? It just so happens a lot of white receivers have a similar style. Undersized shifty slot receiver and there's nothing wrong with it. If he was 6'3 215 and they compared him to Edelman then you can be upset.

Taller White guys end up getting compared to Jordy Nelson. No one's getting upset. It's just Funny to see people always do this.
I had wanted an Amendola, Julius Edelman forever. This kid's highlight reel is kinda hard to believe. I know, playing against lesser talent etc, but this is a highlite reel for all time. Cripes, behind, above, WAY above, off the grass, in cracks, OOB catches, the whole Edelman / amendola package. Oh do i ever want this kid to make the team. He isn''t 6'3", doesn't have 37" arms, but dang is he ever that slot dream receiver. Whoa.
Never saw the guy and thought he was African-American. So when I read some comparison to Cole Beasley I didn't understand why but then saw a video clip of a one-handed catch and went, OK that's pretty cool. Not that it matters if he's white or black.
He really reminds me of Ernest Givins on the old Oilers. He was the last catch everything guy that was super small.

Good pick for was was basically a 6th round draft choice.

What sold me on this being a viable experiment was his reported "toughness".

The guy has to be able to survive hits by NFL players.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
He really reminds me of Ernest Givins on the old Oilers. He was the last catch everything guy that was super small.

Good question, but is the same one we all have had for Edelman, amendola, going back forever. "HOw the heck do those little guys keep playing and not get squished?" Yet there are a couple guys who can pull it off. Man do i hope he makes the team and turns into an Edelman/amendola type guy.
I like the kid because he is super quick and potentially a terrific slot receiver. Doesnt matter who he is compared to.
Hey John you wanna trade?

Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Would've rather had Tim Patrick. 6-4 wr with 4.4 speed
Can this Patrick play football or just run?
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's pretty clear by now that Kyle likes wide receivers that can create separation with speed, quickness, and route running.

I love it.
who doesn't?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Lot scrawnier than welker. Not relevant comparison. Welker has muscles, but short boned.

Taylor is a true, small-boned little man, but very energetic. Like cole.

These quick shifty slot Wr's give Seattle problems.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Never saw the guy and thought he was African-American. So when I read some comparison to Cole Beasley I didn't understand why but then saw a video clip of a one-handed catch and went, OK that's pretty cool. Not that it matters if he's white or black.

Wtf lol
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Good question, but is the same one we all have had for Edelman, amendola, going back forever. "HOw the heck do those little guys keep playing and not get squished?" Yet there are a couple guys who can pull it off. Man do i hope he makes the team and turns into an Edelman/amendola type guy.

what more can you ask for from a 6th round pick.

We know there is a need, and this guy is a potential solution.

He is no work out warrior that we HOPE can make the jump, he is guy who DOMINATED at the college level and we need him to fill a particular roll on this offense that he spent the last 3 years showing us he was elite at.

What more could we ask for from a 5th or 6th round guy.

What a great pick
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this twink is gonna get broke in half.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's pretty clear by now that Kyle likes wide receivers that can create separation with speed, quickness, and route running.

I love it.
who doesn't?

Many posters on this board like big bodied receivers. I'm surprised there isn't more dislike of this pick. I.personally love it.
Share 49ersWebzone