LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

WR Trent Taylor-Round 5-Pick 177

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Should've cut him instead of Pettis. This dude is absolutely useless! At least Pettis could get open, even though captain staredown couldn't see him.

lol are you serious bro??? Pettis couldn't even touch Trent taylor in the real season of training camp. Everyone knows training camp is where the Lombardi is won.

I agree with him. Taylor should have been cut years ago.
He can't do 1 thing well
Its hilarious going back through the pages.

one of the best 3rd down receivers in the nfl
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Should've cut him instead of Pettis. This dude is absolutely useless! At least Pettis could get open, even though captain staredown couldn't see him.

lol are you serious bro??? Pettis couldn't even touch Trent taylor in the real season of training camp. Everyone knows training camp is where the Lombardi is won.

Taylor has caught a pass in the NFL this season. When is the last time Pettis caught a ball? (not including the kickoff he immediately coughed up)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Still curious why so many WZers have been gassing this guy for years. He should have been cut a long time ago.
because he had 7 good games in 2017. terrible reason to keep him them. terrible reason to keep him still
Complete the YAC offense.

Draft Rondale Moore for slot WR
Still curious why so many WZers have been gassing this guy for years. He should have been cut a long time ago.

I was wrong.
Originally posted by Antix:

Taylor has caught a pass in the NFL this season. When is the last time Pettis caught a ball? (not including the kickoff he immediately coughed up)

That means absolutely nothing. Its like getting an F on your test than a 0.

It was bc of his rookie season and connection with jimmy g especially on third downs. Sorry to disappoint some but that's a fact. Anyone can look it up (PFF showed just how good he was on third downs it was pretty surprising)

Now it looks like he lost all his speed and shiftiness. It's got to be from his last 2 years of injury. Either way if he can't get the great separation that he used to get its time to move on. He was so impressive his rookie year and I still couldn't believe he led his whole draft class in yards (I think he had 1800 yards receiving )

I say just roll with James jr at his spot
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 10, 2020 at 1:14 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
It was bc of his rookie season and connection with jimmy g especially on third downs. Sorry to disappoint some but that's a fact. Anyone can look it up (PFF showed just how good he was on third downs it was pretty surprising)

Now it looks like he lost all his speed and shiftiness. It's got to be from his last 2 years of injury. Either way if he can't get the great separation that he used to get its time to move on. He was so impressive his rookie year and I still couldn't believe he led his whole draft class in yards (I think he had 1800 yards receiving )

this

Exactly. People on here so quick to ret rid of players and then come up with the illusion the guy sucked his entire career. The fact is he was always a decent slot guy until up to this year I guess all teams should cut rookie WRs who gain 400+ yards their rooklie year without starting a game.

Yeah he was all about quickness and I think he's just lost that with his foot injuries.

Sucks because he was a nice little jitter bug (Cole Beasley 2.0) out of the slot. Get open fast on those 3rd downs.

Kittle isn't gonna be happy when his boo isn't on the team next yr.
One of the All-Time Webzone greats.
Dude is worse than Pettis in my opinion. I would've rather they cut him, but to be fair, he at least doesn't fumble on punts/kicks regularly. Absolutely needs to be replaced next year.

I saw the 1800 yards and wondered what the heck was wrong with you for a second since that would have been big news to have done that in the NFL. Then I realized you were probably talking about college.

I know he played in a pass heavy offense and had a ton of catches his senior year. Probably, or obviously the only legit NFL talent WR. But still, it says a lot when you're clearly the best guy and biggest threat and can still do that.

Here were his stats.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trent-taylor-2.html

Also caught almost 10 balls per game as a senior which is nuts. Not surprised totally that he's washed out now though. Injuries were not expected necessarily or predicted but I remember years ago when I think the Steelers took a guy from the same school, Troy Edwards, who had an even more insane senior season with 27 touchdown grabs in the first round and he didn't last.

Every player is different, which is why not only as a Bucks fan but just the very idea that Justin Fields will bust because of Ohio State is ludicrous. But for a lot of these "system players" from smaller programs, it's still an uphill climb. Injuries really don't help of course.
Share 49ersWebzone