LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

WR Trent Taylor-Round 5-Pick 177

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WTF happened to this guy?
He was a machine. A clone of Wes Welker and Julian Edelman. Either he is rusty af or he is done. What a shame
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
He was a machine. A clone of Wes Welker and Julian Edelman. Either he is rusty af or he is done. What a shame
he was a 7 game wonder,, now f**k him and pettis
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Good question. All we heard all camp was how great he looked again. Still waiting for it to show up on the field.

Unfortunately it looks like we'll be waiting for a while.
I think he's a product of having nothing right before he showed up. We remember how "good" he was because the team was so poor at WR a few years ago. It's a testament to how well the FO has built this team. He can be let go now.
He sucks and cuts him in next year.
Would rather have Sanu take his snaps, he's just as slow lol but at least he's a bigger target. Even Richie James when he gets back would be better at least he's got some speed. Hell having KB play slot with Aiyuk and Deebo on the outside, trent brings nothing for us.
nah he's a good slot receiver, he just needs targets
He sucks.... even as a punt returner
Niners haven't had a really good punt returner for some time. Actually, it seems like you don't see punts returned for long TDs very often anymore. Are teams covering better or have the rules changed?
Feel like Richie James is better than this guy, at least as a returner. I am genuinely puzzled why hes still on the roster. Not really seeing what the big deal is. I guess we need some slot receivers?

Since, Pettis doesn't catch passes (or get them thrown to him) why isn't he returning punts? The guy has the NCAA record with 9 punt return touchdowns. All the other guys do is fair catch it (with plenty of distance from the defense) or get a less than 10 yard return. There are plenty of Trent Taylor types available.
I don't want to hear next year how Taylor is ripping it up in camp, or Pettis is a changed man. I'd rather see some practice squad players move up and lose Pettis, James, and Taylor.
[ Edited by pdfortune on Oct 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM ]
Trent Taylor is my candidate to be the surprise contributor to a win over the Seahawks. He's ready. He's back from a two-season injury layoff and is ready to turn some heads and surprise a few people. He doesn't have Deebo's bulk, but he does have his speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor used on end-around running plays against Seattle. I don't think the Seahawks will have game-planned for this.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Trent Taylor is my candidate to be the surprise contributor to a win over the Seahawks. He's ready. He's back from a two-season injury layoff and is ready to turn some heads and surprise a few people. He doesn't have Deebo's bulk, but he does have his speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor used on end-around running plays against Seattle. I don't think the Seahawks will have game-planned for this.

I'm all for it but the way Jimmy has been throwing the ball, Trent is going to need to take a 6ft ladder out on the field with him every play if he's going to contribute.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:

I'm all for it but the way Jimmy has been throwing the ball, Trent is going to need to take a 6ft ladder out on the field with him every play if he's going to contribute.

Someone always has to throw in a Jimmy snub in every thread....lol

ive been wondering when hes gonna get targeted. you know its not a pettis situation but damn
Share 49ersWebzone