1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I am so sick of seeing people complain about not having a #2 TE and claiming that is a big priority for us. It isnt. A #2 TE is a luxury, not a need.

I kind of agree. When you have a fullback like Juice you don't need a 2nd te as he's the ow guy.

Wouldn't complain about getting one though because if Kittle goes down.

Has nothing to do with Juice. Has everything to do with a #2 TE being a luxury and not a need. I know people dont love Celek, but how many teams in the NFL have a stud #2 TE?

When you have glaring holes all over the team, a #2 TE shouldnt even be something that is brought up to be honest.

I think the two are related. Two ways to keep the defense in base, which is what Kyle wants - use a FB or use double TEs. Kyle uses a FB.

I mean, yes, having Juice even further limits the need to get a #2 TE. But my point remains. Even if we didnt have Juice on our team, a #2 TE would be near or at the bottom of my list of offseason priorities. To the point that even drafting one in the 7th round would be something I dont even think is necessary.

My point was that having Juice is indeed related to not prioritizing TE2 in Kyle's offense where he likes keeping defenses in base personnel. If Kyle did not use a FB, he might put importance on TE2. The bolded seem contradictory.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The 2 TE set is a Harbaugh staple, not a KS staple. On offense we need interior OL help and a stud WR more so than another TE. Hell I would look at RB before TE.

This! We need a great receiver to take attention away from the one or two good players on offense at the skill positions.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I am so sick of seeing people complain about not having a #2 TE and claiming that is a big priority for us. It isnt. A #2 TE is a luxury, not a need.

COULDN'T have said it any better !!

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Wasn't a big fan of Kittle in his rookie year -- relative to his hype. Thought he was okay, but not great. Really hated his hands (still think he has work to do), and his inability to stay healthy.

Obviously he has improved in both of those areas this season. We needed a stud on this offense, and I'm glad we have at least one to build on.

Now got to find a significant improvement to the WR core. Can't count on any of those guys. They're all just meh.
Originally posted by 9moon:

COULDN'T have said it any better !!

Perfect situation to sign a player who hasn't lived up to expectations but I think is way better then he has been in Max Williams, he would be a great number 2 while pushing Celek to the 3rd..he'd be a luxury if he lived up to his potential finally
Originally posted by okdkid:
Wasn't a big fan of Kittle in his rookie year -- relative to his hype. Thought he was okay, but not great. Really hated his hands (still think he has work to do), and his inability to stay healthy.

Obviously he has improved in both of those areas this season. We needed a stud on this offense, and I'm glad we have at least one to build on.

Now got to find a significant improvement to the WR core. Can't count on any of those guys. They're all just meh.

...and injured.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

...and injured.

A bad combo.
Very cool.

This dude is a damn baller. Best pick by Lynch, and it ain't close so far. Props, love the way this guy plays
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
This dude is a damn baller. Best pick by Lynch, and it ain't close so far. Props, love the way this guy plays

It's true. And sad.

Yeah - he's got a bright future.

It's true. And sad.

Sometimes the best picks arent in the first round.
I knew this thread would be getting bumped today.

Kittle is great but not enough talent to make up for all the 2017 draft busts.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I knew this thread would be getting bumped today.

Kittle is great but not enough talent to make up for all the 2017 draft busts.

It should. He's the best player on the team this year. Great route runner, athlete, blocker, hands have improved. Stud
Kittle has taken a leap forward this year. It's going to be awesome watching his career.
Share 49ersWebzone