LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys crack me up. Thanks for the laugh!
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
He sure made a hell of a catch on injury play
Originally posted by JMC52:
He sure made a hell of a catch on injury play

thats kittle baby
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kittle will get banged up alot because of the way he plays but can't ask him to change because the way he plays is what makes him the player he is. If he toned it down he wouldn't be near the player he is. Got to take the good with the bad. Gronk had the same issue in NE.

Kittle's both injuries this year came on just bad luck typical bs that's going on this year. Jimmy hung him out to dry week 1 and Sunday he just made a hell of a play and landed wrong. It's not like he got hurt running someone over getting extra yards or pancaking someone to their grave. It's just a bad year to be a 9er
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kittle will get banged up alot because of the way he plays but can't ask him to change because the way he plays is what makes him the player he is. If he toned it down he wouldn't be near the player he is. Got to take the good with the bad. Gronk had the same issue in NE.

Kittle's both injuries this year came on just bad luck typical bs that's going on this year. Jimmy hung him out to dry week 1 and Sunday he just made a hell of a play and landed wrong. It's not like he got hurt running someone over getting extra yards or pancaking someone to their grave. It's just a bad year to be a 9er

That is a major understatement
That's good

Originally posted by NYniner85:
That's good

Thank god. Pathetic that a season ending injury is still considered good news because it isn't potentially career altering lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 4, 2020 at 12:48 PM ]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6379735/

Long read, but if you want to learn about cuboid bones and fractures

What I get out of it, is its very rare to happen so of course it would happen to Kittle...smdh
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

What I get out of it, is its very rare to happen so of course it would happen to Kittle...smdh

Yeah he would get some completely rare bone fracture because 49ers
  • Jiks
Sadly his play style is unsustainable. He's quickly becoming a premature Gronk.

Keep him out til next year. Build towards the future
Originally posted by Jiks:
Sadly his play style is unsustainable. He's quickly becoming a premature Gronk.

I think you can take a pill for that
  • dj43

In an earlier life, I had some exposure to the function of this bone. It is not weight-bearing, so that is good, however, it serves an important function in maintaining proper alignment of the lateral (outside) portion of the foot. It is an odd-shaped bone, and necessarily so, in order to do its job. A small fracture may result in misalignment that results in performance issues. Think of it as having the front wheels of your car misaligned - the car will not drive straight.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Glad it wasn't a Jones fracture.
Originally posted by dj43:

In an earlier life, I had some exposure to the function of this bone. It is not weight-bearing, so that is good, however, it serves an important function in maintaining proper alignment of the lateral (outside) portion of the foot. It is an odd-shaped bone, and necessarily so, in order to do its job. A small fracture may result in misalignment that results in performance issues. Think of it as having the front wheels of your car misaligned - the car will not drive straight.
Seems for the average person this is more of an annoyance and may cause more of a drunk balance issue than anything. Or like you said a misalignment ina vehicle. But to Kittle who is an athlete who plants his feet violently, this is more of a problem.
Share 49ersWebzone