LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
You'd think a guy with his kind of resources would be seeking out better artists. That tat looks like s**t imo.

Yet another "Homegrown,....Iowa True & Blue" occurrence here. Dude is seriously loyal to a fault.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 6, 2020 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by WINiner:
You'd think a guy with his kind of resources would be seeking out better artists. That tat looks like s**t imo.

Yet another "Homegrown,....Iowa True & Blue" occurrence here. Dude is seriously loyal to a fault.

It's an admirable quality in a person imo, especially in an NFL football player, but man there are some amazing artists in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kittle is gonna get his money and then Jordan Reed will break the bank the following year.

Reed should consider himself lucky if he doesn't break his brain, let alone a bank.

I was listening to a podcast today and Eric Davis admitted to having probably 50 concussions over his career from pop warner to pros and at least 3 times completely knocked out. He admitted 2 weeks after one he fell out of a meeting room chair because the world started spinning. He failed mental testing but was saved by his wife despite convincing the MD's he was fine citing, if they need you, you'll pass. That goes for physicals too. Scary.

That said, there's nothing better for the body or brain than a whole 12 months off.

So fingers crossed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's one thing about drafting - you can't measure heart. To a certain extent their performance on the field and the stats do reflect some of that *heart* *attitude* *desire* *ambition* but generally speaking, none of those can be accurately measured. Just friggin amazing we got a great TE in Kittle. We've always had great TE's, Russ Francis, John Frank, Brent Jones, Delanie/Davis, Kittle. If we have to let Kittle go (and I don't think that's going to happen) I'm confident Kyle is going to find the next great 49er TE.

I hope the Kittle contract length is in the neighborhood of 4+ years, which makes him around 30 years old at the end of it. That takes us to year 4 of Kyle's and John's current contract which is about halfway to the end of their contract. Great place to see what kind of trade value is left in the Kittle machine, or keep rebuilding the team around the Jimmy/Kittle combo.
I now feel that he won't sign this season and play out his contract.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:

Stay positive, brother.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

similar to tom brady, these are the guys you want, totally dedicated

There is risk for both sides. If there is a drastic decline in revenue this year (assumed), Kittle's bargaining position loses steam. Paraag has to consider not just next year, but the next two, five, ten years, etc. This is even more pertinent if owners get their way and the revenue decline is applied immediately, as opposed to over time, re the cap.

I think a deal gets done because it is in the interest of both parties. But, if it doesn't get done until 2021 and beyond, I won't be surprised if Kittle ends up getting a lot less than is being predicted at the moment, due to the above.
Originally posted by Polkadots:

There is risk for both sides. If there is a drastic decline in revenue this year (assumed), Kittle's bargaining position loses steam. Paraag has to consider not just next year, but the next two, five, ten years, etc. This is even more pertinent if owners get their way and the revenue decline is applied immediately, as opposed to over time, re the cap.

I think a deal gets done because it is in the interest of both parties. But, if it doesn't get done until 2021 and beyond, I won't be surprised if Kittle ends up getting a lot less than is being predicted at the moment, due to the above.

This is why I am a little down. Kittle is ultimately responsible for his decisions. Might be buying into his agents advise a little too much. I actually think Kittle loses more than the 49ers in the end if he doesn't sign. 49ers have the leverage no matter what any writer or fan says. They will max their opportunity if he doesn't sign and will be in the running for the Super Bowl anyway. It would just be ultimate if he stays.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 6, 2020 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think there'll be a lot of b***hing in here about how big and expensive his contract is when it's finally done.

They act like the money is coming out of their bank account

This is why Agents are the devil. They are bloodsuckers leaching off their clients talent.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I think there'll be a lot of b***hing in here about how big and expensive his contract is when it's finally done.

its more like whats it going to do cap wise to the team, no doubt Kittle should get done and easily be the highest paid TE but I dont agree if hes looking for 20 mil or very close wr like money.

I don't care about the money, I just want it to all fit correctly under the cap.
The Chiefs had no money at all to spend and somehow were able to sign both Mahomes and Jones. And no they didn't take a discount like Chiefs fans want you to believe. Mahomes signed the richest contract in sports history and Jones signed for $20 Million per year($21 with incentives). But they did the contracts in a way where they could manipulate the cap. So the Niners need to just find a way to manipulate the cap in a similar fashion.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

its more like whats it going to do cap wise to the team, no doubt Kittle should get done and easily be the highest paid TE but I dont agree if hes looking for 20 mil or very close wr like money.

Exactly. Back in the day before the cap, Eddie D. spent more money than anyone which is part of the reason we were so dominant in the 80's
Share 49ersWebzone