LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So basically now that they can circumvent his agent, it'll make it easier to get something done. Makes sense. It's just like how things with Mostert got resolved pretty quickly once the FO was able to talk to him directly.
i don't think they are "just now" going around his agent, but more like what is happening organization wise is transparent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Very Nice! With the Jordan Reed signing, I think kittle's agent has backed off on the fire and brimstones talking points. I think they can get a deal done soon. CBA done (check), 2020 cap (check), 2021 cap (check) season will start (check) plague protocols (check) -- all that's left is Praag and his cap-engineering genius to step in and finalize it.
I think people are going to be shocked at the length of his contract. I have a feeling this is going to be a 6-7 year deal with Kittle.

Not including the pandemic, salary cap space, new CBA etc... every years bonuses, incentives etc have to be tied together and work. So these take time.
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:

Easy for Shanahan to say. He's not the one playing for relative peanuts.

Yeah...sux to see stuff like this. Deal with it thru his agent like everyone else has to do. Dont coerce him once its time for the field.
It's gonna happen peeps, just need to relax lol

lol the moment u relax... I think everyone else will.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Here's how I'd design his contract. He's a TE, so I'd pay him market value plus a premium on being a TE, and I'd do a lot of Likely-to-be-earned bonuses regarding WR stuff, like catches, TD receptions, YAC's, Average Yards Per pass reception (things like that). In other words, he gets to be paid as a TE *and* if he does his WR/Catching stuff as a WR, he gets paid as a WR too (using bonuses).

Well Done, Giedi. Nicely thot out. I like it. He's paid as the top notch TE in the league , that means say $12 mil, and then bonuses for WR/"Catching Stuff"

That ought to come out a large #. I'll venture a bet and say totals around mid point between top TE ($10;5), say $12 mil for Kittle, and top WR ($22) which would be around $17 mil....my original guess as to what it ends up. But if it includes all the items listed above (Catches, YACs, avg yds/pass, total yds, etc) i suspect it will be a bigger # than the $17mil I originally posted.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 3, 2020 at 4:44 PM ]
Its gonna get done guys, relax
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Its gonna get done guys, relax

If we can get 2 firsts like the Jets did for Adams. I say just do it like Nike.
Shouldn't be this difficult to come up with a number. Highest TE contract is like 10 mil/yr. But Kittle is more than a TE.

The highest WR contract is 22/yr. That's 12mil apart from the highest TE contract.

Put Kittle in the middle of that 12mil, at 16-17mil/yr. Done!

I think it's the guaranteed money holding it up. It's always the guaranteed money.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 3, 2020 at 4:51 PM ]

Originally posted by susweel:

Nah, Sus, George is staying here. With Nicky B he is one of the 3 pillars of the team. Giedi, above had a really nice post . Whatever it is and however it gets arranged, Kittle will be a fixture here for long haul. Just an opinion
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 3, 2020 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think people are going to be shocked at the length of his contract. I have a feeling this is going to be a 6-7 year deal with Kittle.

Not including the pandemic, salary cap space, new CBA etc... every years bonuses, incentives etc have to be tied together and work. So these take time.

I have a feeling it'll be a 7 year deal too. At least I'm hoping.
It was key today that Kittle spoke to Lynch and Shanahan without his agent. Soon!
Also, Kyle kept referring to Kittle as a TE, not an OW, a receiver or a unicorn. It's gong to be around 13M. Kyle and Lynch want a strong team for years. By trying to do this, they use FB's, TE's, RB's in valuable ways and to keep the salary cap in check. This is done with intention. It will not be over 14M imo.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Nah, Sus, George is staying here. With Nicky B he is one of the 3 pillars of the team. Giedi, above had a really nice post . Whatever it is and however it gets arranged, Kittle will be a fixture here for long haul. Just an opinion

I don't think Kittle will be traded. Kyle and Kittle are a lot smarter than the average football and coach player. They know they need each other. Personally, the Jamal Adams draft value is just the beginning of trade talks for me. I'd want another 2nd in addition to the two firsts and then (If I were Kyle) then I'd actually take it seriously.

Kittle provides not only football production, but he's also a role model, also a leader - pushing his other teammates to do better (almost like a coach on the field), and you can't replicate his existing chemistry with Jimmy very easily. That would take a year or two at least. He's also a leader from a winning culture point of view. On top of that, he's a great face for the 49ers, and one that kind of balances what Sherminator does from his side of the ball. This is important because he can draw and recruit other potential free agents to the 49ers, so his value is many dimensions beyond being just a football player.
Share 49ersWebzone