LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
after we got Kittle, one can forget why trade we would have some profit in.
Celek is limited, Bell a nobody. Vance at least proved value in blocking and can catch some important passes at times. So, yes, Vance should be a keeper, at least this season.

Bell hasn't shown anything and Celek is an average #2 TE. I could see both of them gone.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
FANTASTIC VALUE pick. Graded Kittle a high 3rd rounder. Kid is a great ahtlete and better blocker than people give him credit for.

All good with me. Our TE position needs a permanent starter and I hope he takes it, since no one seems hungry enough to want it.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-3-plays-show-iowas-george-kittle-best-all-around-tight-end-cfb/
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
FANTASTIC VALUE pick. Graded Kittle a high 3rd rounder. Kid is a great ahtlete and better blocker than people give him credit for.

All good with me. Our TE position needs a permanent starter and I hope he takes it, since no one seems hungry enough to want it.

I hope he takes it.
  • thl408
I can't wait to see these camp battles at TE. I don't see Celek being around. Bell needs to step up his blocking. Vance needs to justify his salary. Logan Paulsen will probably stick as TE #3. Team will probably keep 4.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by communist:
after we got Kittle, one can forget why trade we would have some profit in.
Celek is limited, Bell a nobody. Vance at least proved value in blocking and can catch some important passes at times. So, yes, Vance should be a keeper, at least this season.

Bell hasn't shown anything and Celek is an average #2 TE. I could see both of them gone.

I wonder if we're still in the market for another TE. Hodges is sitting there
Originally posted by tjd808185:
42 inch vertical too. He was a freak.

The weird part about that his is vertical never showed in the game. Everyone remember the time he tried to dunk on the goal post and got rejected by it... tweaking his back in the process.
Originally posted by thl408:
I can't wait to see these camp battles at TE. I don't see Celek being around. Bell needs to step up his blocking. Vance needs to justify his salary. Logan Paulsen will probably stick as TE #3. Team will probably keep 4.

Wouldn't long snapper Nelson be our 4th TE?

I think/hope it's going to be Vance, Kittle for sure.... I still like Celek because he can catch and comes through at times. Not so sure about Paulsen anymore... especially with both Vance and Kittle being good blockers.

Eitherway I don't want Bell on the team anymore... so if can be 4TEs + Nelson.. then I'd want all of them, besides Bell.

but one more thing. Couldn't Kyle Juszczyk line up at TE at times?

if that is the case then unfortunately, more than on TE might not make it...for the sake of another position player to make the team.
Kittle actually had a higher Sparq score than OJ Howard. He's definitely a complete TE and great value in the 5th round.

Two immediate (Foster and Thomas) and two possible starters (Williams and Kittle). I doubt Williams can unseat Hyde, but he should get a lot of carries this year. Not bad Lynch.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Two immediate (Foster and Thomas) and two possible starters (Williams and Kittle). I doubt Williams can unseat Hyde, but he should get a lot of carries this year. Not bad Lynch.

I think Witherspoon has a good shot at starting. He needs work but he and Robinson have the size and length needed for this scheme.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by thl408:

Wouldn't long snapper Nelson be our 4th TE?

I think/hope it's going to be Vance, Kittle for sure.... I still like Celek because he can catch and comes through at times. Not so sure about Paulsen anymore... especially with both Vance and Kittle being good blockers.

Eitherway I don't want Bell on the team anymore... so if can be 4TEs + Nelson.. then I'd want all of them, besides Bell.

but one more thing. Couldn't Kyle Juszczyk line up at TE at times?

if that is the case then unfortunately, more than on TE might not make it...for the sake of another position player to make the team.

Yeah Nelson's "position" is TE. I guess I'm referring to guys that will actually line up at TE and be able to do all the things required. So like you said, 4TEs + Nelson. Paulsen's contract is one season so his spot shouldn't be safe. The only one I think is safe is Vance and it's mostly because of the cap hit from cutting him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I think Witherspoon has a good shot at starting. He needs work but he and Robinson have the size and length needed for this scheme.

I forgot about the Witherspoon pick. So that is three possibles. Lynch is killing this draft in spite of what some want to believe. Just get a deep threat receiver and an edge rusher, though I doubt a pass rusher at this point will add much. I'd like DeVonte Fields, but I don't think Lynch does.
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
42 inch vertical too. He was a freak.

The weird part about that his is vertical never showed in the game. Everyone remember the time he tried to dunk on the goal post and got rejected by it... tweaking his back in the process.

Share 49ersWebzone