There are 222 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice!
LOVE THIS PICK! Watch some of his blocking highlights, this guy is aggressive and blocks through the whistle. Super athletic, high upside. I'm a big fan of this
Damn Butt was taken 1 pick before
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
A+ pick. Goodbye Celek.
Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 7m7 minutes agoMore

Things I said right before the Niners picked: "I hope they draft George Kittle here"
Excellent pick!
Well Beathard won't be lonely. Kittle was his favorite target. Speedy, well built TE that needs refinement as a blocker but instantly he's a better option than Celek.

Ran a 4.52 40 at 250 pounds. Very good value at this point in the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM ]

CJ's buddy.
Huge. Beathard-Kittle will be the new Young-Jones.
This is a really good pick. Kittle was one of my favorite tight ends in this draft.

From PFF:

Name: George Kittle

School: Iowa

Position fit: In-line or move tight end

Stats to know: Has only allowed a single quarterback pressure over the last two seasons combined. Earned the second-highest run blocking grade (79.6) in 2016 among the TE draft class.

What he does best:

Transitioned from a wide receiver/safety in high school to becoming one of the top blocking tight ends in the nation.Attacks blocking assignments with an obvious, concentrated gameplan comprising excellent footwork, balance, and leverage.Excellent blocking on the move, particularly on the backside of zone playsIowa utilizes a run-first offense, but Kittle still produced the seventh-highest yards per route run average (1.91) over the last two years from the TE draft class.Quickness and speed make him a versatile receiving threat and capable of separating from linebackers.Frequently drives defenders on skates well away from the play with exceptional technique.Extensive footage available displaying his ability to dominate blocking defenders despite average size — listed at 235 pounds during his senior season.Averaged 7.1 yards after the catch per reception over the last three years.Biggest concern:

Durability concerns — injuries forced him to miss seven games over the last two seasons.While his technique is well-above average, size may limit his ability to block in-line at the next level. May fit best as a No. 2 tight end and receiving mismatch.Minimal special-teams experience.Player comparison: Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins

Cooley is bigger than Kittle, but he could line up in multiple spots including H-back or in the slot. Kittle will likely play in a similar role, creating passing game mismatches while perhaps even providing more in the run game than Cooley.

Bottom line: Kittle has the athleticism to be a receiving mismatch at the next level though it's his blocking that makes him a perfect fit as a No. 2 tight end capable of playing in a "move" role. He can separate from linebackers and safeties, whether attached to the formation or in the slot, and while he'll likely never be a dominant in-line run blocker, Kittle projects as a useful matchup option in a two-tight end offense.
When watching Beathard highlights, #46 sticks out. Solid pick.
Originally posted by GEEK:
A+ pick. Goodbye Celek.

More like chances Vance McD gets traded increase (if not now, then come August)
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Damn Butt was taken 1 pick before

yeah was hoping for him, but this guy looks like he's got good measurables at least. Anyone know if hes got decent hands NFLN didn't even mention the pick.

First play beats his man and is overthrown

Second play drives his man into the ground 10 yards away. A lot to like. His blocking is awesome, he just needs to learn. How to focus it. He gets too aggressive sometime me and whiffs

Edit - at about 5:05 looks like how Delanie Walker was used here
[ Edited by saniner on Apr 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone