There are 227 users in the forums

Joe Williams - RB, Utah

New 49ers RB Joe Williams shared the heartbreaking story of losing his sister, how that loss caused him to walk away from football and how he now looks to his sister for motivation. He has a tattoo that reads "My Sister's keeper" on his arm and he plans to add a picture of her to that soon. "She was everything," Williams said. "She is everything."

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer
cbssportline rated this pick an F
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Apr 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM ]
This guy is a playmaker. I love his speed and quickness. When he sees an opening he's gone. Watching the game vs UCLA live was awesome. Takk played really well, and Joe ran all over them.

Really looked like he was enjoying football again here:
Originally posted by Dino:
What? How many RBs do we need? Hyde, Harris, Hightower, Bibbs and now Williams

One, Hyde can't stay healthy. Two, more RBs = more running plays to keep Hoyer from throwing the ball.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Didn't know that last part. He seems like he's moved forward and on to the future though, so I'm excited to see how he does
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Wow, I did not know this.
I really wanted Jamaal Williams.....

But Joe Williams is pretty good too. Just not as exciting as Kamara, Perine or Jamaal, the guys I really wanted.
Man, is this guy FAST

• Moses
  • Veteran
I heard somewhere he took time off because he got addicted to painkillers. Once he was past that he rejoined the team.

• titan
  • Veteran
A thief and a quitter. I really hope they did their homework with this guy. They must think really highly of him to draft him in the 4th with other prospects that could contribute in other positions.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Man, is this guy FAST

Runs upright and hits the holes quick...Arien Foster style!
Originally posted by cools:
why did we trade for Bibbs then? one of these guys wont even make the team

This!?!?!
That USA Today article was illuminating. Hope he has a solid career.
worth the risk on day 3
Share 49ersWebzone