LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Joe Williams - RB, Utah

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
He reminds me more of Hunter then Barlow.

Agree

the rest of preseason will be the acid test.

At worst I think he'll end up on the practice squad.

he'll be safe there.

Well, we will certainly get a solid look at him this preseason and will know for sure what we've got.
If I was guaranteed $1 million if I was correct in guessing right now whether or not Williams would make the team, I am really not sure what I'd guess at this point - leaning more towards "no", unfortunately. A lot of preseason time left, though, and I really hope Williams picks it up and leaves no doubt he's making it.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Would he be starting next game?

Mustard.
This young man is not playing well. He can't find the hole, he has no cut back, and he isn't showing any burst. I would be very surprised if he makes it past the final cut.

Young man seems to have checked out... doesn't look like he wants it anymore.
We've had so many preseason superstars. But this guy is the complete opposite. His brother-in-law dying may have sealed the deal in his head.
Didnt look like his head was in it tonight. Shame.
Not yet time to stick a fork in him....but getting awfully close. Shame but it will serve as an important lesson for the team.
Practice Squad
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Not looking good....disappointing thus far.

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Wanted to see him succeed but he just doesn't have it
Wilson looked way more impressive. Honestly I see him out of the NFL in a couple years has the skills but we all know it's 90% mental.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Practice Squad

Yep which is pretty bad considering the lack of talent in this running back corp
Dude is trash. Has no heart. All these no name backups are out playing him. The run where he could have fought for a few extra yard to get a first but he instead ran out of bounds shows exactly how much drive this guy has.

Id gladly give Morris, McNichols, or even Wilson or whatever his name is, his spot.

You win some and you lose some. You cant be right about every pick and unfortunately Williams is a bust.
Share 49ersWebzone