LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well, most was hoping for Peterman here. Instead we get the QB shanny likes better.

So it's not as bad as it seems. They took a guy they think fits better than a player we fit better.

Peterman was one of my draft crushes but this trade/pick while a surprise still not as bad as we are making it out to be.

Alot of posters viewed Peterman the same way us Peterman fans are viewing CJ so...
Will be my starter on Madden
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
While I really questioned this pick at first the more I look at it the more it makes sense (albeit I would've personally gone Peterman).

Witch exception of arm strength he demonstrates almost all of the traits of a good NFL qb: anticipation, reads, and natural pocket movement. As far as pure pocket movement and anticipation he's arguably the top in the draft. He obviosuly has his limitations but there were 2 years that he was thought of as a potential 1st round pick but struggled some this year with an injury and bad o-line play.

Still questionable but this video really helped explain to me what Kyle must see in him.

Arm strength:

Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCSFollowing

#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan thought very highly of QB C.J. Beathard and believed he was the best fit for his system.
Originally posted by djgtek:
People were saying the same thing about tom Brady..

lol.....Beathard is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi though he somehow ended up being drafted earlier than the original.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Eric Galko‏Verified account @OptimumScouting 3m3 minutes agoMore

CJ Beathard set to be Kirk Cousins long-term backup for the #49ers. Shocking that he went above Nathan Peterman.

You dont trade up like that for a backup..if they just stood pat they could get him in or 4th or even 5th

They moved up a few slots and gave up basically nothing. It's a head scratcher for sure, but don't act like he's automatically the FQB cause they moved up a few picks lol
His stats were horrible in college smh
Matt Maiocco‏Verified account @MaioccoNBCSFollowing

#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan thought very highly of QB C.J. Beathard and believed he was the best fit for his system.

'Nuff said
How can any niners fan cry about a third round QB who wore number 16!!
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol

Let's give the kid a chance.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by djgtek:
People were saying the same thing about tom Brady..

lol.....Beathard is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi though he somehow ended up being drafted earlier than the original.

I find it interesting that some would think they can evaluate what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Shanny.

Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Eric Galko‏Verified account @OptimumScouting 3m3 minutes agoMore

CJ Beathard set to be Kirk Cousins long-term backup for the #49ers. Shocking that he went above Nathan Peterman.

You dont trade up like that for a backup..if they just stood pat they could get him in or 4th or even 5th

They moved up a few slots and gave up basically nothing. It's a head scratcher for sure, but don't act like he's automatically the FQB cause they moved up a few picks lol

They coulda gotten him in the 5th
Originally posted by nahumse:
Let's give the kid a chance.

Shanny chose him. He gets more than one chance from me.
Share 49ersWebzone