LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Pass on a 30 year old qb who played in a system 5 years ago.

Don't forget the 25 million part and the no playoff wins part.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
The first round of the draft is easy, it's the bottom half of the draft that takes skill.

Lynch is going to learn, I hope.

It's one pick, its a qb, and he was probably who kyle wanted. What's the problem?

The problem is he sucks and was slated to go in rounds 6-7 or undrafted!

Yet we trade up to get him in the 3rd!!!!!?

You don't know where people will be drafted.

He was right about all of them.
Kap sux, face it and move on. Oh yeah how's that prediction going where you said kap will be signed quickly once free agency starts???
3 trash Qbs on the roster. Smh
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's obvious we're waiting for Cousins so I wouldn't stress over a system backup.

Not if we just traded up to get a guy in the 3rd round!

i don't like the pick, but we traded a 7th chill out.
looks like a truck driver = gonna suck
Well at least they took a f**king quarterback.

Might be a career backup, but probably impressed enough in the interviews and knows the pro style system. Developmental prospect.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
The first round of the draft is easy, it's the bottom half of the draft that takes skill.

Lynch is going to learn, I hope.

It's one pick, its a qb, and he was probably who kyle wanted. What's the problem?

The problem is he sucks and was slated to go in rounds 6-7 or undrafted!

Yet we trade up to get him in the 3rd!!!!!?

I dont think teams care about other teams boards or media projections. They felt it was worth a 4th and a 7th to make sure we get him.

Our first three picks are awesome and I'm all for taking a chance on a qb. He was obviously shannahans favourite at this point.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Looks like he has a good arm. Looks like Cousins when he was drafy3d.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This was weirder than most of Baalke's weirdest picks. Most people had this guy going anywhere from the 5th round to undrafted. He's a career backup QB type with a very limited arm, inconsistent accuracy, not great pocket presence, basically a subpar game manager.

Super bright, picks up offenses easily and comes out of a pro style offense but my mind is blown that they actually traded up to take the 4th or 5th best QB that was available at that point.

Strong arm. Shanny likes him, and he wasn't lasting long, according to rap.

Ok, ok, I've got it. Peterman couldn't go on the practice squad because someone would pick him off of it, but Betherd can so we can go with just two qb's and keep another development player on the 53.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Kap sux, face it and move on. Oh yeah how's that prediction going where you said kap will be signed quickly once free agency starts???

they can't move on cause his lousy can't throw ass doesn't have a job yet.
There must be something there that kyle likes for us to move up to grab cj beathard.
I'm down with the pick. Gotta trust the new FO.
Not if we just traded up to get a guy in the 3rd round!

We traded up a couple of picks. Blew an extra 7th on him. You don't bet on late 3rd's. If he earns it though good for him.
Share 49ersWebzone