There are 258 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jax probably stopped calling non stop for him by now .
I'd love for CJ to net us a pick not in the 7th round, but that ship has sailed He needed to light it up in preseason and he didn't. There is too much game film on him and there is that 1-9 record. I hope we don't lose a talented player (not sayiing all-Pro, but a solid role player) who actually can contribute meaningfully to the team on account of keeping CJ on the roster. It didn't hurt us this year because of injuries to Taylor, McKinnon, Coleman, etc that gave us extra room on the roster. But of the 53 guys on the roster, CJ is in my bottom 5.
Originally posted by teylo31:
NOBODY is trading for cj

This
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Meanwhile, the Jags offense since Foles got hurt in Game 1 has looked better than it has in years behind a 6th round pick.

Meanwhile Mariota is playing worse than beathard would be

CJ is 1-9 as a starter. Think whatever you will of Mariota, he's shown far more than that over the years since he was drafted. The Titans have been 9-7 three straight years coming into this year. I don't think any GM in the league is nuts enough to think CJ is going to manage that.

Just reporting what I see bruv. Mariota looks like s**t..... on a better team than cj had last year.

Truth!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Rothlisberger. ...surgery elbow

Brees ..surgery thumb throwing hand

Darnold out with mono (could be 2-4 mos)

Siemian , his replacement is out with ligaments in ankle.

Cam Newton....foot sprain

Nick Foles (Jax) out broken collarbone

All the above are QBs who are out. We have a pistol in Mullie and a brave heart in CJ. He is the guttiest qB out there. Big arm, tough, strong.

Wentz in Philly was in the blue tent for concussion protocol...he went back in but...

Somehow, it just seems that given time, teams will be coming to us...."could we talk with CJ?" Please.

Meantime, as long as JG is still healing from ACL surgery 11 mos ago, carrying a 3rd QB is just good sense. If somebody with the missing QB disease comes to us...well, then we can consider it. For now, tho, i would play the cards we have. And if that means carrying 3 QBs on a team no one knows how good it is...that seems like good advice....because we may just be a whole lot better than many realize.

Solid post paso!
Yea dude might can fetch us a 6th at best. Any team with their right minds would just roll our whoever they have on the practice squad instead of giving up compensation for CJ
Meanwhile, the Jags offense since Foles got hurt in Game 1 has looked better than it has in years behind a 6th round pick.

Meanwhile Mariota is playing worse than beathard would be

CJ is 1-9 as a starter. Think whatever you will of Mariota, he's shown far more than that over the years since he was drafted. The Titans have been 9-7 three straight years coming into this year. I don't think any GM in the league is nuts enough to think CJ is going to manage that.

Just reporting what I see bruv. Mariota looks like s**t..... on a better team than cj had last year.

1 is a starting QB and the other is a 3rd string QB. Just reporting what is bruv
I'd just like to see CJ in a different system. Not all QB's perform the same in different systems. Keenum is the latest example of that from Minnesota to Denver.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Rothlisberger

Meantime, as long as JG is still healing from ACL surgery 11 mos ago, carrying a 3rd QB is just good sense. .

Someone needs to explain to me why it makes good sense to keep a quarterback that loses 90 percent of his games, is 1 and 9, while other quarterbacks do much better with the same team. The fact is, contrary to what people like to fool themselves in thinking, getting a good quarterback is largely a trial and error proposition. When you've errored with a slow thinking quarterback, you might as well try Anybody else, even like an undrafted guy like, say, Nick Mullens. They might exceed expectations, where as CJ has proven himself unserviceable.

I don't think CJ is worth a spot on our 53. I don't think Any team in the league will give us more than a 6th for him, and we can do better than that with our own guys. Put a youngster on the practice squad, get a feel for him, and give ourselves a Chance to get better.
As long as we still have a shot...a long shot at going deep in playoffs, we need to keep a guy who could come in for Mullie if he by bad luck in replacing JG who has reinjured his ACL or gets one on other side...or just has a high ankle...pick your poison. Mullie is full well ready to come in and take JGs place for a few games, but if HE should get injured, our good playing streak continues, we DO NOT trade CJ. Hey, if we are out of the running and no playoff hopes alive, sure go ahead. But for now, in case of an unlikely double injury, we still got a back up who knows the ZBS and kyles system.

I agree with you ...only if we are out of the running, and it is guaranteed, But with a guy on a new ACL, with a very good back up Qb, but who could get a high ankle , broken collarbone,...something simple but prohibits him from playing, damn right i want the guy who knows the system on the sideline. CJ i no longer needed if we should bomb out of the playoff picture. But so far, we are not in that particular situation.

It seems like every week a quarterback is going down and Patrick Mahomes went down tonight.

Think CJ gets traded before the deadline?
Originally posted by GrowYourNestEgg:
It seems like every week a quarterback is going down and Patrick Mahomes went down tonight.

I sure hope so!
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I sure hope so!

The case could also be made that the QB injuries around the league are a reason to keep three. I would take CJB in a heartbeat over a guy like Falk from the Jets.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I sure hope so!

The case could also be made that the QB injuries around the league are a reason to keep three. I would take CJB in a heartbeat over a guy like Falk from the Jets.

I guess for me it would depend on the compensation we'd get for Beathard.
I'd trade CJ for just about anything.

Honestly. Anything.
Share 49ersWebzone