There are 192 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
This guy is going to be the reason that we cut a great up and coming player like moore on the dl or even a good receiver in Matthews

If they cut Matthews to keep CJ it means we have at least 5 other receivers we prefer to keep, which would mean JM likely would not even be on the 46 man active roster on GameDay. We will likely not dress 6 WR's on game day.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CJ DONE
trade his ass i want us to keep 7 WR' still not ready to give up on someone who just keeps growing into his role (Bourne) over some chump QB who at best will reach Josh McCown level
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
trade his ass i want us to keep 7 WR' still not ready to give up on someone who just keeps growing into his role (Bourne) over some chump QB who at best will reach Josh McCown level

Backups like McCown have a certain value in the NFL. Hard to find a decent and dependable backup which is why McCown has lasted 16 years in the NFL.
Originally posted by evil:

Backups like McCown have a certain value in the NFL. Hard to find a decent and dependable backup which is why McCown has lasted 16 years in the NFL.

We got already a solid backup in Mullens
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Aug 25, 2019 at 11:02 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

QB's are a more valuable asset in the NFL.

Keeping 7 WR's on a team that runs as much 21 personnel as we do is not necessary and overkill. WR's #6 and 7 won't dress on game days (3rd QB does dress even if not on the active 46 and is technically eligible to play).

Isn't Mullens a FA after this year?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Isn't Mullens a FA after this year?

ERFA I believe. He can't negotiate with any other team.
I hope we trade him for whatever we can get. A 2028 7th Rd pick is fine
Originally posted by elguapo:
This guy is going to be the reason that we cut a great up and coming player like moore on the dl or even a good receiver in Matthews

If they cut Matthews to keep CJ it means we have at least 5 other receivers we prefer to keep, which would mean JM likely would not even be on the 46 man active roster on GameDay. We will likely not dress 6 WR's on game day.

Very true but if we are down to a 3rd string qb our season is done anyway. Better to get a higher draft pick

• Giedi
  • Veteran
I think Beathard is starting in the 4th San Diego preseason game. It's Kyle's last chance to showcase BeatHard. I hope he sells him well. We need some OLine help.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think Beathard is starting in the 4th San Diego preseason game. It's Kyle's last chance to showcase BeatHard. I hope he sells him well. We need some OLine help.

That oline help will come from the excess dline
I think Colts fans are talking about him, and would be willing to give a 6th round pick to get him.

At this point, I would not mind this at all, but depends on Kyle
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I think Colts fans are talking about him, and would be willing to give a 6th round pick to get him.

Lynch will have say too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Lynch will have say too
i think kyle made the decision to move up to get him, dumb move kyle, so he is kyles boy. i do not think he will dump cj because of that. nc said ego was at play and i tend to agree.
Share 49ersWebzone