LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's still on the team. He deserves the credit for sticking his nose in there without much help. Kyle said he will compete this preseason. I hope he's been studying defenses and the playbook. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to step up and show what he can do, now that we have a plethora of weapons for our QBs.
A real plot twist would be us sending him to Denver instead of BDN
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
I bet we keep all 3 in camp for sure, and injury will dictate what to do before the season starts (the 49ers or other teams).

Good call.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Headed to the practice squad in 2019.

Not eligible, since he was on the full roster for two seasons.

I believe there is an exemption for up to four players with two accrued seasons. If I misinterpreted this or it's been changed, I'd like to know.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/1/17809438/2018-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-49ers-roster-cuts
BTW, I must've looked up practice squad eligibility about 20 times in the past, becoming more confused with each lame attempt at explanation. The above I posted is far and away the best I've found.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

Hopefully.

For a 6th round pick.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

Hopefully.

For a 6th round pick.

Hope he looks all world in preseason. Not in terms of stats, though that would be nice. But more so throws, how he moves around, getting rid of the ball when necessary, etc. All of the things you'd want a starting QB to do.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he's just not a starter... lets all hope he can learn from the offense and become a QB coach early after football career, then become an OC...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
he's just not a starter... lets all hope he can learn from the offense and become a QB coach early after football career, then become an OC...

Good post. Tim Rattay is following your advice.

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Tim Rattay as quarterbacks coach.
https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-name-tim-rattay-as-quarterbacks-coach

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Tim Rattay as quarterbacks coach.

Might wanna trade Beathard when there's still a market for him? We have Mullens and GQ, Beathard just the odd man out.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:

Might wanna trade Beathard when there's still a market for him? We have Mullens and GQ, Beathard just the odd man out.

What would be interesting is if *both* Mullens and BeatHard are lights out in pre-season, making it really hard for fans and the coach to make a decision. Then my fear is that somehow Wilton won't make the practice squad if either Nick or CJ is there. Having said that, I think we trade BeatHard for (as some of the draft nerds have said - a 6th rounder) prior to the 53 man cutdown.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I don't think CJ is elegible for the practice squad anymore.
n order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:
Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 46-man active roster for no more than 8 games; Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 4 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit; If a player served two seasons on a practice squad, they are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment. A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/1/17809438/2018-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-49ers-roster-cuts

Is there any market for him??
I don't think CJ is elegible for the practice squad anymore.
n order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:
Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 46-man active roster for no more than 8 games; Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 4 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit; If a player served two seasons on a practice squad, they are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment. A player has served one season on the practice squad if he is on the practice squad for at least 6 games. The rule previously required 3 games on the practice squad roster.https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/1/17809438/2018-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-49ers-roster-cuts

There's an exemption for up to 4 players who have two and no more than two accrued seasons. Unless it's changed since then.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Is there any market for him??

I'd assume it resembles my online dating history... no matches.
Share 49ersWebzone