LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Perfectly happy keeping both for depth through rookie contracts.

I'm fine doing that too. Although next season an extra roster spot for another player could be very valuable.
Kyle be like......

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, now this is interesting. I was asking Jeff if he had a breakdown of 5 & 7-step drops with CJB recently vs. 3-step drops (the game plan last night for Nick).

Here's what he said.

That can be seen by CJ having less average time to throw according to Next Gen. We all know he holds the ball so to have less time in that stat, he must have a lot designed passes that get the ball out quick.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
People are talking about trading Nick if he keeps up the good work. I wouldn't do that. I'd keep him as long as we can and ship off Beathard. Look at what backups are going for these days.

McCarron went for a fifth. Bridgewater a third. Tyrod Taylor a third. I bet Beathard could get us a fifth from someone and we could maintain our strong quarterback depth -- that is if Mullens keep this up.

All those guys did pretty well when given the chance to play and had/have real potential. Beathard hasn't shown that. He is clearly a backup with next to zero chance to be a good starter. Teams don't trade for clear backups.
Same roster as Jimmy G and Dig Dick Nick have outplayed Beathard. Dude needs to be cut
I really do think that Mullens benefitted from what CJ should have been doing, holding a clipboard rather than facing live bullets.

I still think CJ is a capable QB, I hope we roll with 3 until we're ready to trade one of them.
By all accounts, Mullens is a total football junkie similar to Kyle. Even Kyle agreed he could see Mullens being a coach someday when he was asked about Mullens pickup of the offense and the grind he puts in.

Interesting development. Very curious as to how far we can go with Mullens
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
By all accounts, Mullens is a total football junkie similar to Kyle. Even Kyle agreed he could see Mullens being a coach someday when he was asked about Mullens pickup of the offense and the grind he puts in.

Interesting development. Very curious as to how far we can go with Mullens

I could easily see 2-3 more wins with Mullens. 4-12 or 5-11.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 5, 2018 at 7:06 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Tough as nails, he'd be better off riding a bull, bale some hay or tackling a baby cow in a rodeo
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Legend has it that CJ is still holding on to the ball.

He may not even see the field again this season if NM keeps rolling.
Trade him in the offseason
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Nov 5, 2018 at 9:26 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I thought the rule was that you can't lose your job because of injury.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Alex Smith says hi
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Alex Smith says hi

Just saying.
Share 49ersWebzone