LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The first round of the draft is easy, it's the bottom half of the draft that takes skill.

Lynch is going to learn, I hope.

It's one pick, its a qb, and he was probably who kyle wanted. What's the problem?
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Dang I thought shanny liked dude with arms?

He has a cannon arm.

not true

Huh.

I trust Shanahan. The search for the next FQB is unlikely to bear fruit immediately, but your still going to turn over every rock anyway. If they see something in Beathard I'll defer to their judgement whether the guy ultimately pans out or not.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by father49er:

Interesting. Shanny pick. Like a bigger version of Brees and some similarity to Cousins.

Lets not get crazy now lol

What's so crazy? Doesn't mean he's going to be Brees or Cousins. Just he show some similarities to those players.
People were saying the same thing about tom Brady..
Not sure why we trade up? I don't think any other QB needy teams woulda drafted him in the 4th.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
The first round of the draft is easy, it's the bottom half of the draft that takes skill.

It's one pick, its a qb, and he was probably who kyle wanted. What's the problem?

The problem is he sucks and was slated to go in rounds 6-7 or undrafted!

Yet we trade up to get him in the 3rd!!!!!?
[ Edited by glorydayz on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:
Did Paraag make this pick

No, Shanny did.
It's obvious we're waiting for Cousins so I wouldn't stress over a system backup.
He ain't no Nate Davis

Originally posted by gold49er2183:

The problem is he sucks and was slated to go in rounds 6-7 or undrafted!

Shanny doesn't think he sucks.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's obvious we're waiting for Cousins so I wouldn't stress over a system backup.

Not if we just traded up to get a guy in the 3rd round!
Originally posted by nothing03:
Not sure why we trade up? I don't think any other QB needy teams woulda drafted him in the 4th.

Yeah, Shanny must really wanted him. Who knows, maybe someone else also thought highly of him.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Pass on a 30 year old qb who played in a system 5 years ago.
Share 49ersWebzone