There are 222 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't hate Beathard as a pick, but I question where he was picked and the need to move up. None of these dudes after Watson were going to be franchise QBs most likely.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Should of took Kaaya

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by JR49ers1985:
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 15m15 minutes agoMore

In fairness to Beathard, Kyle Shanahan was the one who made the Cousins pick in Washington, when nobody thought he was a future starter.

Its sad that there are so many babies on this thread. Stop being a bunch of pussies and give shanny and this kid a shot. they gave up a 7th rounder who gives a s**t.

Why aren't we deferring more to Shanny's expertise on this?

Hes watched a s**t load of film so knows better
Playaction half of the time in his college film
Originally posted by Viperboy:
I wonder how Lobo 49er feels about the pick ?

I trust Shanny's judgement. And I stand amazed at how many people seem to think they know more about NFL QBs than Shanny.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by djgtek:
People were saying the same thing about tom Brady..

lol.....Beathard is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi though he somehow ended up being drafted earlier than the original.

I find it interesting that some would think they can evaluate what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Shanny.

It's really just crazy talk.

Does seem a reach. But why? Because we have been mock drafted to death for months.

Jury will be out for sure though.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Stupid to move up for this scrub
At least his grandfather was a hell of a GM
Originally posted by Viperboy:
I wonder how Lobo 49er feels about the pick ?

I trust Shanny's judgement. And I stand amazed at how many people seem to think they know more about NFL QBs than Shanny.

we have a lot of Iowa alumnus on this board i guess.
Originally posted by JR49ers1985:
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 15m15 minutes agoMore

In fairness to Beathard, Kyle Shanahan was the one who made the Cousins pick in Washington, when nobody thought he was a future starter.

This alone should make all the whiners stfu and wait a year or two before criticizing the pick, but I'm guessing it won't.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Nick Wagoner‏Verified account @nwagoner 5m5 minutes agoMore

To be clear, Kyle Shanahan said he believes Beathard can eventually develop to compete for starting job. Just not immediately.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

How many times you going to post that LOL
I don't think we should view Beathard as "the future". We took a flier on a guy with some physical tools and experience in a pro-style offense. He might develop into a starter, but most likely hes a backup. Pretty clear the 49ers are content with Hoyer in 2017. We'll see how Beathard develops. Re-evaluate the QB position in 2018, where we can pursue Cousins or target a QB early if need be.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I can see part of the appeal with Beathard. Pro-style QB. Good arm strength. Stands tall in the pocket.

However, wasn't overly impressed with his college career. At this point in the draft, you are taking a QB with some flaws. He has tools to work with but I see him strictly as a backup who's a long shot to become a starter. Not a fan of the pick tbh, but will have to defer to Shanahan's expertise on this one.

Cousins 2018

He was more impressive in '15. He had a lot of injuries to his receivers last year.
Share 49ersWebzone