LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
He's a smart guy, got a strong arm, and runs a pro style system.

To be honest, he should be starting over Hoyer. I hope he earns it.

Whatever man. I'm just happy they drafted some f**king offense. Seriously, screw all of these guys saying we have to draft defense heavy this year. I'm tired of it.
lol at the people in here who don't like this pick. please tell me how many Iowa games you watched?
Should of took Kaaya
Gotta believe 1. Shanahan had a small crush and 2. they heard some other team before 109 was interested. Otherwise ....
I wanted us to draft a QB since we only have two on the roster, but did we really have to use a 4th and a 7th on a guy who would likely be available in the 5th? At least Peterman would have made some sense.

Oh well. Every draft needs a headscratcher. Could be worse. We could be the Bucs when they drafted a kicker in the 2nd round or the Jaguars when they drafted a punter in the early 3rd lol
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 15m15 minutes agoMore

In fairness to Beathard, Kyle Shanahan was the one who made the Cousins pick in Washington, when nobody thought he was a future starter.

Its sad that there are so many babies on this thread. Stop being a bunch of pussies and give shanny and this kid a shot. they gave up a 7th rounder who gives a s**t.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Lol hate this pick

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!

Wth shanny

Sadly have to wait 6.....YEARS!
Would love to see a graph of how many Niner Faithful drop the Niners in that time if these guys are total complete failures.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Should of took Kaaya

But Shanny chose CJ. So, I think we should've chosen CJ, until proven otherwise.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I wanted us to draft a QB since we only have two on the roster, but did we really have to use a 4th and a 7th on a guy who would likely be available in the 5th? At least Peterman would have made some sense.

Oh well. Every draft needs a headscratcher. Could be worse. We could be the Bucs when they drafted a kicker in the 2nd round or the Jaguars when they drafted a punter in the early 3rd lol

Peterman was obviously not high on Kyle's board......Probably hated his pathetic arm.

Maybe they were upset when Kizer was taken. They want a guy to make "all the throws" after all.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I find it interesting that some would think they can evaluate what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Shanny.

I'm just puzzled by trading up for Beathard. If Shanahan likes him that is fine, I'm just not optimistic that he'll ever live up to his draft status. This is a 5th, 6th round kinda dood IMO.

Well I agree with you, that him being a late third round pick is completely shocking. Total surprise. Out of no where.

Then I saw this:

So maybe they knew something was up?

He was basically our 4th round choice + a 7th. If Shanny chose him, how can we not trust his call?

They must have gotten wind of sonething

Originally posted by JR49ers1985:
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 15m15 minutes agoMore

In fairness to Beathard, Kyle Shanahan was the one who made the Cousins pick in Washington, when nobody thought he was a future starter.

Its sad that there are so many babies on this thread. Stop being a bunch of pussies and give shanny and this kid a shot. they gave up a 7th rounder who gives a s**t.

Why aren't we deferring more to Shanny's expertise on this?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Should of took Kaaya

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He's a smart guy, got a strong arm, and runs a pro style system.

To be honest, he should be starting over Hoyer. I hope he earns it.

Whatever man. I'm just happy they drafted some f**king offense. Seriously, screw all of these guys saying we have to draft defense heavy this year. I'm tired of it.

we had to draft defense heavy this year.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I can see part of the appeal with Beathard. Pro-style QB. Good arm strength. Stands tall in the pocket.

However, wasn't overly impressed with his college career. At this point in the draft, you are taking a QB with some flaws. He has tools to work with but I see him strictly as a backup who's a long shot to become a starter. Not a fan of the pick tbh, but will have to defer to Shanahan's expertise on this one.

Cousins 2018

Sounds like our last starting QB
I wonder how Lobo 49er feels about the pick ?
Share 49ersWebzone