There are 139 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Call it how it is Donte Whitner!!! Get rid of these soft emo players out of this team!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This whole secondary (minus Verrett) sucks without Richard Sherman, time to rebuild and/or bench some of these scrubs!!!

Replace ward with Moore ( or draft pick )

Draft a Cb.

That should help some.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This whole secondary (minus Verrett) sucks without Richard Sherman, time to rebuild and/or bench some of these scrubs!!!

Replace ward with Moore ( or draft pick )

Draft a Cb.

That should help some.

They gotta do something. I'd say screw bench Ward or Tartt and put in Cyprien of Moore.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I've been calling for this guy to get cut for the past 2 years. I can't stand this p***y

I wanted to keep him hoping he would learn something from Sherman. But I'm with you now this freek'n coward has to go!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Donte Whitner ripped into this dude on the 49ers post-game show. He basically called him a p***y for suiting up but allowing the team to start Brian Allen.

Imma be honest. 48 and 23 looked exactly the same in coverage so I don't give a s**t.

Come on, Witherspoon wasn't bad yesterday. Even Dante Johnson was much better than Brian Allen.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Donte Whitner ripped into this dude on the 49ers post-game show. He basically called him a p***y for suiting up but allowing the team to start Brian Allen.

Imma be honest. 48 and 23 looked exactly the same in coverage so I don't give a s**t.

Come on, Witherspoon wasn't bad yesterday. Even Dante Johnson was much better than Brian Allen.

I'm talking about as a whole Allen played like Ahkello normally plays. Deep ball on the sideline a DB not in phase and it's either caught or PI is called. That's the Ahkello special with comments after he gave up the deep ball that say "if he just learns to look for the ball it's a pick"
Witherspoon was a healthy scratch last night? Means CBs like D. Johnson and Webster were active over him...it seems he's going down a similar path on this team as Pettis.

I liked Witherspoon's ability in coverage coming out of Colorado yet the abilities as an effective, stick-your-nose-in-there tackler were not a part of his game. In games I've rewatched from last season, his lack of consistent tackling definitely shows up - very ugly at times. Looking like a draft pick miss unless something happens with him where he can still turn it around.

That was a very tough first draft for this team during this Shanahan-Lynch tenure...Thomas (though he's definitely helped as a role player - not what you want in the #3 overall pick though), Foster, Witherspoon, Beathard, Williams, Taylor, Taumoepenu, & Colbert...not great at all and four of those guys are long gone. It's possible that after this season none of these guys will continue to be on the team. Thank goodness for the Kittle and D.J. Jones picks!
Kyle's getting rid of all the cats by putting them in the doghouse.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 6, 2020 at 11:00 AM ]
The Pettis of defense.

Unless some incredible turnaround happens this season, Witherspoon could be done here.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Unless some incredible turnaround happens this season, Witherspoon could be done here.

[ Edited by Hysterikal on Nov 15, 2020 at 12:17 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Like pettis this is his second game being a healthy scratch. That's pretty telling where this situation is headed.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HATE BEING RIGHT !!

we shoulda traded the guy 3 seasons ago!!
The new Dante Pettis!!
Share 49ersWebzone