There are 202 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninersnw:
Matt Barrows reported that the 49ers were looking into Trading Akello Witherspoon this week but for some reason decided to scrap the idea.

Toying with my emotions
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Probably couldn't get anything for him.
Originally posted by susweel:

That's exactly it. Teams won't trade for him. They'll wait for the Niners to cut him... and go right to Seattle
Originally posted by wailers15:

That's exactly it. Teams won't trade for him. They'll wait for the Niners to cut him... and go right to Seattle

Or more like Verrett is a slip on the field from being on IR and a Mosely injury away to be forced to play Dontae Johnson and killing our chances at a SB. I'll take my chances at playing Witherspoon and then drafting a cb or 2 next year
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by wailers15:

Or more like Verrett is a slip on the field from being on IR and a Mosely injury away to be forced to play Dontae Johnson and killing our chances at a SB. I'll take my chances at playing Witherspoon and then drafting a cb or 2 next year

I was shocked they didn't go after or add anymore CB depth. It was quite apparent in the SB our CB's .... blew chunks to put it lightly
We're gonna need a corner again next draft. It seems like our front office is reluctant to get new corners in the draft smh.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I have to agree - our CB depth is very poor.
I don't understand why we don't improve our corner depth.. guys like Logan Ryan dre Kirkpatrick prince amukamara tramon williams and ross cockrell are all free agents.. we have enough money to sign them for a year and i know those arent some amazing corners but they would do ok and they will just be a band aide until next year.. it's not like we have a complicated system so they will be able to catch onto the playbook pretty fast
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Sep 4, 2020 at 7:32 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I have to agree - our CB depth is very poor.

The corner opposit sherman has been a weak spot.
With Shermans age and the fact Jason V. is going to be hurt most if not all year we cant afford to lose corners. Unless the trade involved another corner it's not worth it. Also Spoon is a good corner i don't know what happened to him late in the year. I'm hoping he can gain what he had in the first part of the year and be a solid corner again.

I can't believe teams don't want this
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
I don't understand why we don't improve our corner depth.. guys like Logan Ryan dre Kirkpatrick prince amukamara tramon williams and ross cockrell are all free agents.. we have enough money to sign them for a year and i know those arent some amazing corners but they would do ok and they will just be a band aide until next year.. it's not like we have a complicated system so they will be able to catch onto the playbook pretty fast

1. we really don't have the money to sign anyone above the minimum, and 2. of those, Logan Ryan signed a 1yr deal worth up to $7.55M with the Giants.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I can't believe teams don't want this

Thank god for the Kittle pick bc the rest turned out to be bad choices
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Thank god for the Kittle pick bc the rest turned out to be bad choices

Agree, add Trent Taylor and D.J. Jones to that list if they can stay healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone