LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Damn, what a great game for Spoon. Jimmy owes this guy dinner or some s**t
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by dj43:
A better secondary coach, along with a pass rush, certainly contributed. However, he made plays when called on.

Let me go back to better coaching...

This!

I believe better coaching did help as well, because lets be honest our DBs never looked back towards the ball consistently. On that coverage play on the deep ball to Evans he looked back and it was a thing of coverage beauty.
sherm heaped a bit too much praise on spoon in the presser. needs to settle down and not put any added pressure on him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Witherspoon, where have you been my brother?
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
All about the pass rush. Spoon is a good player but nobody's good when you have zero rush. Especially in today's NFL. He was aggressive even on some balls he missed. That could be coaching or a different mind set.

Sherman said his mindset is different and better this year. Supposedly he would F up and let it get to him last year and it would just spiral from there. As a DB, all the good/great ones say they short term memory, other wise you can't move on and it'll affect further plays.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
sherm heaped a bit too much praise on spoon in the presser. needs to settle down and not put any added pressure on him

I thought it was the right kind of praise tho.
So many thought Witherspoon was going to have a bad game
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 9, 2019 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I thought it was the right kind of praise tho.

I am pretty sure Sherm has seen more of Ahkello than we have lol.
Spoon looks much improved!
crazy what some pass rush will do Spoon looked pretty damn good out there

Many times last year Spoon would get in good position with the ball in there and then fail to look back for the ball or just straight up panic and grab the receiver. He looked so smooth and calm back there yesterday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
So many thought Witherspoon was going to have a bad game

i did.. pleasant surprise.. i still say jason v will be a good player for us and take that spot. but for the first game.. i was very very pleasantly surprised. forgetting the pass rush.. what they did on their own led by sherman was very good
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
crazy what some pass rush will do Spoon looked pretty damn good out there

i understand it may be difficult to remove it.... but if you try to remove a good pass rush. did you think the secondary did things very well that they can control no matter the pass rush? i did
spoon played a legit game, me like it
The entire defense played well considering it was the first time they were all on the field together. Even when Kwon went out they continued to keep pressure on and not give up big plays.
Share 49ersWebzone