LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure how much we can depend on Verrett and we didn't draft any rookie that's a starter at CB

Agreed. This FO has not done so hot drafting CBs. I think Reed can be good but he needs to just be playing nickle and that position is filled soooo
We should have got Greedy Williams then traded back into the second for Deebo. Hurd would have still been there with our 4th smh.
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Not sure how much we can depend on Verrett and we didn't draft any rookie that's a starter at CB

Agreed. This FO has not done so hot drafting CBs. I think Reed can be good but he needs to just be playing nickle and that position is filled soooo
We should have got Greedy Williams then traded back into the second for Deebo. Hurd would have still been there with our 4th smh.

Greedy will be a bust. We should have drafted Lattimore though.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

Greedy will be a bust. We should have drafted Lattimore though.

Jaire Alexander > both
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/1155942174292230144?s=21

Why is Witherspoon wearing socks around his waist ?

Flag football for those that don't like contact
he is looking good in camp. Pleasantly surprised. To be honest, I did not expect much, but it is looking like hes going to beat out Jason Verrett for CB2.
Out with a glute injury ?!?!

What a bummer
I am not sure about these "looking good" in camp talks. I have been to 3 so far and from what I saw I was less than impressed by Witherspoon. By far the worst practice I saw was on Tuesday. Dude got owned on a play and then just like that...limping along the sideline grabbing the ol' knee and out of practice for the remainder of the day. I need to see more of this cat, and less of him worried about his hair on the sidelines at practice.
Donte Whitner taking a moment to blast Ahkello just now on the radio.

"You got these guys that come out of college and just try to run with guys"

"He's a big body but a finesse player"

A lot of people on this forum give Pettis s**t for being soft. Imagine if he was 6'3" 200 lbs. Ahkello is the softest dude on the team. I can't stand how he doesn't use his physical gifts whatsoever.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 13, 2019 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

A lot of people on this forum give Pettis s**t for being soft. Imagine if he was 6'3" 200 lbs. Ahkello is the softest dude on the team. I can't stand how he doesn't use his physical gifts whatsoever.

What I been saying! Only time he's physical is his holding a receiver as they are running by him.

What I been saying! Only time he's physical is his holding a receiver as they are running by him.

And of course he got beat yet again in the first game. He's a damn piñata

Originally posted by elguapo:

And of course he got beat yet again in the first game. He's a damn piñata

He at least found the ball that was thrown out of bounds. I'm sure he celebrated that bad pass as if he caused it
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
People are seeing what they want to see out of Ahkello. Not what is actually there on tape.

yeah both of these guys are soft. But at least Sherman is mentoring Akhello. Maybe he'll fix it soon.
tired of seeing this dude getting burned and throwing up his hands at everyone. hope that gets fixed
It's not like he was a 1st round pick They drafted him as a project that had athleticism with the hope that he would develop. He had the length they like but he has been slow to develop his technique and he may never be physical enough to play in the NFL as anything more than a backup. There's been a lot of first rounders who didn't pan out either so I don't want to beat on Spoon too much. He is what he is and if he never learns to look for the ball when he has these guys covered he'll be out of the league.
Share 49ersWebzone