There are 193 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
WILL linebacker. Him and Bow will man the middle.
Joe Fann‏Verified account @Joe_Fann 17m17 minutes agoMore

.@MikeMayock just now on Foster: "He reminds me of Luke Keuchly. He's an impact player."
Originally posted by slowriot:
Joe Fann‏Verified account @Joe_Fann 15m15 minutes agoMore

.@MoveTheSticks just now on Reuben Foster: "If his shoulder is right, we're talking about the best pick in the draft."

Easy. Top 5 player at 31st overall. Crushed it
Originally posted by Heroism:

Bingo
Jeff Deeney‏ @PFF_Jeff 23m23 minutes agoMore

Not only did Reuben Foster have the top grade vs the run among all ILBs last year, his 16.3 run stop percentage was best of all ILBs. #49ers
Basically the 49ers turned the #2 and #34 picks into Thomas, Froster, a 3rd round pick in this draft and a 3rd rounder in 2018.
Jeff Deeney‏ @PFF_Jeff 23m23 minutes agoMore

Not only did Reuben Foster have the top grade vs the run among all ILBs last year, his 16.3 run stop percentage was best of all ILBs. #49ers

Excellent in coverage as well. True 3-down linebacker.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i think we actually traded our 4th comp pick. So we have two early 4th round picks

according to NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:sea/dt-by-round-input:1, we traded pick 111 not 143.

you're right. i saw that it was 111 but looked at the draft pick list too fast and thought it was at the tail end of the 4th. Funny thing is im a financial analyst and i got that wrong haha. i blame the whiskey
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 27, 2017 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

they cant both.. Bow will go to OLB..
Matt Barrows‏Verified account @mattbarrows 2m2 minutes agoMore

'I want to be the next Patrick Willis:' #49ers grab LB Reuben Foster at end of first round ...

Originally posted by kazak13:

That's not how it works. The Will plays over the left guard, which is in the middle of the field. In this defense, they're both hook/curl defenders, which again is in the middle. Just think about it as a 3-4 when we had Bowman and Willis.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 27, 2017 at 9:05 PM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
Reuben Foster | ILB, AlabamaHeight: 6-0 Weight: 229

He has a Ray Lewis-type of game. Love this pick. Top-10 talent.

Grade - A

- Pete Prisco

How about more of a Willis type of game.

Ray Lewis is about right. Willis was better in coverage than Foster coming out of Ole Miss.
Originally posted by kazak13:

Bow will be the MIKE. Responsibilities are similar in this defense between MIKE and WILL, but MIKE is your leader and communicator. I like Bow at MIKE, and Foster at WILL.
Share 49ersWebzone