There are 229 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Should be fine for week 3

Let's hope he's fine for week 4.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Should be fine for week 3

Just in time for him to get injured again.
I don't know what the medical research says about concussions, but I've got plenty of anecdotal experience with concussions having been involved in combat sports(Muay thai+boxing) and football my entire life. I've seen a f**k ton of people get KTFO, including my brother. This is what I know about concussions:

-Concussions don't "heal." The symptoms go away, but the damage incurred to the brain doesn't go away b/c:
-Concussion sensitivity increases with each concussion sustained. Simply put, each concussion suffered greatly increases the risk of another concussion occurring, also known as the glass chin effect.

Reuben has had a lot of concussions dating back to high school. I'm fearful that he's incurred too much brain damage already. It's going to be tough to keep him on the field.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 25, 2018 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't know what the medical research says about concussions, but I've got plenty of anecdotal experience with concussions having been involved in combat sports(Muay thai+boxing) and football my entire life. I've seen a f**k ton of people get KTFO, including my brother. This is what I know about concussions:

-Concussions don't "heal." The symptoms go away, but the damage incurred to the brain doesn't go away.
-Concussion sensitivity increases with each concussion sustained. Simply put, each concussion sustained leads to another one happening easier, also known as the glass chin effect.

Thanks?

-Concussions don't "heal." The symptoms go away, but the damage incurred to the brain doesn't go away.
-Concussion sensitivity increases with each concussion sustained. Simply put, each concussion suffered leads to another one happening easier, also known as the glass chin effect.

Reuben has had a lot of concussions dating back to high school. I'm fearful that he's incurred too much brain damage already. It's going to be tough to keep him on the field.

I hear this.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I hear this.

I hope Reuben can find a way to stay on the field because he and Warner could be the next great 49ers LB tandem.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I hear this.

I hope Reuben can find a way to stay on the field because he and Warner could be the next great 49ers LB tandem.

Seriously, he's a special special player but if he can't stay on the field esp. b/c of concussions, it'll be an absolute shame.
Is this not his first diagnosed concussion..? Why are all the knickers in a bunch
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 25, 2018 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Is this not his first diagnosed concussion..? Why are all the knickers in a bunch

There's an extensive history in the Reuben Foster draft forum thread, but here a few. Check out the dates on these. Keep in mind these are just the "documented" ones aka the ones the trainers happened to catch

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 25, 2018 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

There's an extensive history in the Reuben Foster draft forum thread, but here a few. Check out the dates on these. Keep in mind these are just the "documented" ones aka the ones the trainers happened to catch

It's certainly a concern. He is playing a LB position. I would think more prone to concussions than any other positions on defense.

Hes working on tackling a new way, I hope it works
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
So, Eric Ried 2.0...

f**k the SEC. at least the BIG 10,12 and PAC 12 try to teach these kids not to scramble their brains. SEC is a flipping meat grinder and their product seems to be the less damaged remains.

SEC is flipping s**t. F the kids and adulate the trailer park.
[ Edited by Geeked on Aug 25, 2018 at 7:30 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
So, Eric Ried 2.0...

f**k the SEC. at least the BIG 10,12 and PAC 12 try to teach these kids not to scramble their brains. SEC is a flipping meat grinder and their product seems to be the less damaged remains.

Respect the heck out of this guy for his Football skills, but I'm starting to think he's going to have a very short career in the NFL.

Concussions add up and are easier to get with each additional incident.

• Stud
Originally posted by Geeked:
So, Eric Ried 2.0...

the hell?
Share 49ersWebzone