There are 238 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
so solly gets no blame whatsoever? lol ok...

Of course he gets blame. Does he deserve to be mocked for how he handled tragedy because your precious little draft pick could've went towards another player?

If you're crying about the pick not working out, then the guy who made the pick is responsible.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jun 9, 2019 at 9:49 PM ]
Thomas is not at fault for where he was drafted, that's on Lynch for grossly misjudging his talent and ability to move up a level. While it doesn't appear that he will ever live up to #3 overall possibly he'll find a place, here or elsewhere, where can be successful. It's really a shame too because he seems like a good person. Too bad he wasn't picked later on where he could have not had the pressure and expectations that come with being a high draft choice.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I go to plenty games and by overpriced food and beer there so by your logic I'm allowed to give my opinion on this.

If you're pissed about the pick then call for Lynch's head or his scouts heads. A pick not panning doesn't justify s**tting on a guy who went through a horrific tragedy or in some cases even mocking him. Nor will it make anything better for you.

Solly is doing what he can and if he can't take it to the level then damn it'll suck. But he tried, wasn't good enough. Lynch and co are responsible for blowing it. Assuming he never gets better.

I was just trolling, it don't matter if you pay or watch on tv, a good product is the bottom line. Solly is fine, he'll never live up to that pick, but he can contribute. I just don't wanna hear "he's trying his hardest". I mean come on, this is sports. I do expect a high standard for the 5x super bowl champions though.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jun 9, 2019 at 10:17 PM ]

Of course he gets blame. Does he deserve to be mocked for how he handled tragedy because your precious little draft pick could've went towards another player?

If you're crying about the pick not working out, then the guy who made the pick is responsible.

so then we're right/fair to criticize him, also when have I mocked him for handling the tragedy that happened to him. I think hes doing great stuff off the field. Now we just expect the same on the field, which hasn't happened, but I hope it does. I will be here if he does great, to eat crow, but i'm 100% sure I havn't been the only one that has doubted him. I dunno where you got the 3rd pick coming from, I havn't even mentioned anything about that, but stop saying others are crying when you're the crying one. Also your last statement contradicts what you said that he does get blame lol....Some of these post are hilarious. Laughter goes along way fellas.. we don't need a safe space in here.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I was just trolling, it don't matter if you pay or watch on tv, a good product is the bottom line. Solly is fine, he'll never live up to that pick, but he can contribute. I just don't wanna hear "he's trying his hardest". I mean come on, this is sports. I do expect a high standard for the 5x super bowl champions though.

Lol I think you missed my point man. Solly was the pick and people are mad at him that he isn't living up to number 3. He's getting personally attacked. Maybe he should have never been the pick at 3.

Daniel Jones likely should've gone in the end of first or the second round. If he never lives up to number 6, he doesn't deserve all the hate and personal attacks. Gettlemen does for reaching, and creating top 6 expectations out of a guy who possibly shouldn't have gone in the first.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jun 9, 2019 at 10:45 PM ]
so then we're right/fair to criticize him, also when have I mocked him for handling the tragedy that happened to him. I think hes doing great stuff off the field. Now we just expect the same on the field, which hasn't happened, but I hope it does. I will be here if he does great, to eat crow, but i'm 100% sure I havn't been the only one that has doubted him. I dunno where you got the 3rd pick coming from, I havn't even mentioned anything about that, but stop saying others are crying when you're the crying one. Also your last statement contradicts what you said that he does get blame lol....Some of these post are hilarious. Laughter goes along way fellas.. we don't need a safe space in here.

Lol what? I make a post (not involving you) talking about guys who mock him. Then you quote me. I respond. And you say "when have I mocked him".
Originally posted by Alex04221989:

Not what I said at all. Can we be disappointed with Solomon Thomas so far. Yes of course. To harp on it and constantly put the man down that's different. At this point people are not saying well his weakness is a and b, I hope he gets better at it. It's saying man this guy needs to get over his sister dying or he is such a bum why did we draft him. We drafted him because he was the 3rd best prospect who added versatility on the line and could line up multiple spots. People are actively just rooting for this kid to fail and it's wrong. He is working his ass off this off season and he is trying to get better and fix his weaknesses. No one praises him for the work ethic or things he does well like lining up at his natural spot and being great at run defense. It's funny because before ST everyone ripped armstead and now since st came no one rips armstead anymore. Just seems like people look for one person to just bash no matter what just because.

That's basically been my point all this time lol. I don't agree on people rooting for him to fail, but I do agree on people that have their doubts. Since I think its fair until he proves otherwise. I don't mind jokes about solly every now and then, I'm not gonna lose my crap over it, I find them funny at times, but thats just me lol... Also have you seen the AA thread I was just there a few hours ago making fun of him lol.. So yes he still does get ripped on.

Lol what? I make a post (not involving you) talking about guys who mock him. Then you quote me. I respond. And you say "when have I mocked him".

lol bro you quoted me in your response... How was I supposed to view that? I was as confused as you, I was like when did I even say that lol
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jun 9, 2019 at 10:50 PM ]
No one is asking for a safe space. Some of us on here are just tired of the non stop trolling and criticizing that isn't constructive. No one points out specifics of his game that he lacks. They just say well he sucks on the edge. Well point out the technique flaws, the missed gaps, the missed assignments. Not staying home when he should. You know football talk not this well he didn't get to the qb on every single snap he had. Missed 2 tackles and did you see him walk on the field. It's just random bashing of how he handled things. One person said he should have been over it only months after it happened. I'm all for healthy constructive criticism. Just don't bash the guy without being able to point out facts or take it to a personal level. Sometimes it just feels people are being negative to just be negative and troll for no reason cause maybe they are bored at work.
Originally posted by Alex04221989:
No one is asking for a safe space. Some of us on here are just tired of the non stop trolling and criticizing that isn't constructive. No one points out specifics of his game that he lacks. They just say well he sucks on the edge. Well point out the technique flaws, the missed gaps, the missed assignments. Not staying home when he should. You know football talk not this well he didn't get to the qb on every single snap he had. Missed 2 tackles and did you see him walk on the field. It's just random bashing of how he handled things. One person said he should have been over it only months after it happened. I'm all for healthy constructive criticism. Just don't bash the guy without being able to point out facts or take it to a personal level. Sometimes it just feels people are being negative to just be negative and troll for no reason cause maybe they are bored at work.

I get where you're coming from and I agree with your points, but every now and then we can have some fun with solly
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jun 9, 2019 at 10:56 PM ]

lol bro you quoted me in your response... How was I supposed to view that? I was as confused as you, I was like when did I even say that lol

Look at the first post of this page. I was quoting another poster and you quoted me.

Look at the first post of this page. I was quoting another poster and you quoted me.

I agree with what you're saying, also this is what he said....

lol.... river of tears in here.
STEP THE FUDGE UP SOLLY.

Maybe some people don't give a f**k about their personal lives BUT when it effects how they play the game IT DOES MATTER IMO. We ALL expected more of him based on where he was picked. Very rarely does a top 5 pick ever truly live up to their draft status. His sisters untimely death, along with playing out of position for almost two yrs played a part in his under performing.

Like you said maybe end of the day he wasn't worth his top 3 pick and was over drafted. That's Lynch's fault and Solly has to realize he's never gonna live up to those standards (which he talked about recently) ....that also doesn't mean he can't be a quality starter for a long time. s**t takes time and whether you're a guy playing stupid amounts of cash to watch them or you're a guy living in China WE ARE all invested in this team and expect success. There are issues and problems along the way (like family tragedy) that make it harder and that IS something people have to recognize....or don't and be let down forever because you refuse to admit these guys aren't robots.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope they put Solly next to DeFo - I think that's his best position.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I hope they put Solly next to DeFo - I think that's his best position.

in passing situations for sure it is.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
players like thomas and ward and aa. to some of us.. are underachieving players borderline bad players in our opinions and i have seen few actually rooting for them to fail. hoping someone steps up and takes their job is not rooting for them to fail. it just means we have had it with them. now some posters make a good point which opens up a whole other can of worms to the people to just adore lynch..... you can blame lynch for keeping and resigning and drafting those guys. in the case of ward. sure its fine to be pissed at him cuz he is a crap player who always gets hurt. but you need to be mad at lynch for keeping him. twice. you slobber all over lynch for getting jimmy. ford etc. then he also has to be put under the microscope for decisions like this. i am done with ward. done with aa. i am willing to give thomas another off season. but if someone beats him out and he ends up leaving. i am fine with it.. its like our wide outs..... if we start the year with three new guys starting over "our guys" great
Share 49ersWebzone