There are 168 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Wow straight facts being spit in this thread rn

Also I'm so happy i finally started using the ignore feature 🤣 best thing
Originally posted by Alex04221989:
Paying customer huh, that is your logic for talking smack and rooting for a guy to fail. Number 3 picks fail all the time. The draft is a crap shoot. Nothing is guaranteed. We are all fans of the same team and wether or not we pay to watch the game is irrelevant. Kinda dumb argument to bring money into it. Doesn't make you a better fan end of the day bub. Makes you less of a fan to constantly trash the team you like and supposedly support.

Like I said, it's easy for non paying customer to not expect results because you're not really investing anything except your time which to me, is worth nothing. I do expect winning, I expect a responsible use of resources, and expect players we sign via free agency or the draft to be a good investment. Or I expect regimes and players to be fired. That isn't s**tting on my team, as I am compassionate to Solomon Thomas' situation, but I was a niner fan before Lynch was and a fan before ST was born and I still will be long after they've moved on. So yes, I do expect a lot.

But sure if you wanna be like "at least he plays really hard" , I'm fine with it, I just expect more.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jun 9, 2019 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by eastie:
Paying customer huh, that is your logic for talking smack and rooting for a guy to fail. Number 3 picks fail all the time. The draft is a crap shoot. Nothing is guaranteed. We are all fans of the same team and wether or not we pay to watch the game is irrelevant. Kinda dumb argument to bring money into it. Doesn't make you a better fan end of the day bub. Makes you less of a fan to constantly trash the team you like and supposedly support.

This!

Agreed
lol.... river of tears in here.

STEP THE FUDGE UP SOLLY.
Sorry man but my time and dedication to my team is worth way more then any financial investment. It's kinda sad to see you put so much emphasis on something because you have spent money on tickets. Some of us don't want to just harp on our team that we have loved for over 25+ years. I've been apart of them when they were good and when they have been bad. A lot more bad then good years. Guess what tho I still bleed red and gold and I still stand by my team thick and thin. I've watched good rebuilds and bad attempts. We have all suffered and triumphed. Your not any better because you spent some money on tickets or buy a jersey. So sit down little man and enjoy the ride cause I guarantee you we will be relevant for the next decade and Kyle will go down as one of the best all time coaches. Bank on it.
Sorry man but my time and dedication to my team is worth way more then any financial investment. It's kinda sad to see you put so much emphasis on something because you have spent money on tickets. Some of us don't want to just harp on our team that we have loved for over 25+ years. I've been apart of them when they were good and when they have been bad. A lot more bad then good years. Guess what tho I still bleed red and gold and I still stand by my team thick and thin. I've watched good rebuilds and bad attempts. We have all suffered and triumphed. Your not any better because you spent some money on tickets or buy a jersey. So sit down little man and enjoy the ride cause I guarantee you we will be relevant for the next decade and Kyle will go down as one of the best all time coaches. Bank on it.

I think you're missing the point, I haven't really said anything negative about anybody other than that maybe their personal lives aren't that much of interest to me. I mean it's a job, and their job to me is #6. This isn't so much a critique of a certain player, it's the critique of the acceptance of mediocrity within our fanbase.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I think you're missing the point, I haven't really said anything negative about anybody other than that maybe their personal lives aren't that much of interest to me. I mean it's a job, and their job to me is #6. This isn't so much a critique of a certain player, it's the critique of the acceptance of mediocrity within our fanbase.

I take it you weren't much of a fan when you were a little kid watching the 49ers, since of course you weren't a paying customer
Not missing the point man, you basically just called out every person who doesn't buy season tickets and saying there fandom is worthless or your fandom is far superior because you spend money on tickets. That's horribly ignorant statement. I understand some dark years have happened but come on support the team thick or thin. It's so easy to be negative and troll and bash a team when there bad. Be different root for them no matter what. That will make it so much sweeter when we start making the playoffs again. Don't be a everyday fan be a lifer and get behind the team your rooting for no matter how bleak. If you bleed red and gold then bleed red and gold my man! GO NINERS!
[ Edited by Alex04221989 on Jun 9, 2019 at 7:25 PM ]

Mediocre back up
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I take it you weren't much of a fan when you were a little kid watching the 49ers, since of course you weren't a paying customer

The same season tickets have been in the family since the 80's so take that as how you want, but no, I've never cared about their personal lives. We didn't have social media's though. Now if they get arrested, you aren't supposed to judge them, but when they want something, they have no problem tweeting about it. Either way the player isn't as important as the team. All I'm really saying is "trying hard"isn't the criteria I'm judging a player by and that it's a totally different feeling losing in person compared to losing on television.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jun 9, 2019 at 7:47 PM ]

My god! Some of the posters here are professional trolls. He is a 49er but yet we root for him to fail. The guy is a great person and cares about people but because he isn't a all pro he is disappointing? He was a good prospect and some just don't pan out right away on the defensive line. He is learning and giving this team his blood sweat and tears. Why is that not good enough? He could have given up and just half assed it and collected a check like Vernon Gholston did for the jets. No he is working his ass off to get better to help this team. Stop bashing this guy and let's root for him and let him know we support him and let him develop I don't care if he becomes just serviceable into his 8th year. I'm rooting for him and you all should too! Smh this fan base sometimes

You mean because some of us are actually paying customers and we expect management to not miss with #3 picks and we expect repercussions for f**king up. Easy to be a non paying fan and be like "he works hard and his effort is good". f**k all that. I'm rooting for Solly and I'm willing to forget about last year because of the tragedy, but there are performance expectations.

I go to plenty games and by overpriced food and beer there so by your logic I'm allowed to give my opinion on this.

If you're pissed about the pick then call for Lynch's head or his scouts heads. A pick not panning doesn't justify s**tting on a guy who went through a horrific tragedy or in some cases even mocking him. Nor will it make anything better for you.

Solly is doing what he can and if he can't take it to the level then damn it'll suck. But he tried, wasn't good enough. Lynch and co are responsible for blowing it. Assuming he never gets better.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
My god! Some of the posters here are professional trolls. He is a 49er but yet we root for him to fail. The guy is a great person and cares about people but because he isn't a all pro he is disappointing? He was a good prospect and some just don't pan out right away on the defensive line. He is learning and giving this team his blood sweat and tears. Why is that not good enough? He could have given up and just half assed it and collected a check like Vernon Gholston did for the jets. No he is working his ass off to get better to help this team. Stop bashing this guy and let's root for him and let him know we support him and let him develop I don't care if he becomes just serviceable into his 8th year. I'm rooting for him and you all should too! Smh this fan base sometimes

You mean because some of us are actually paying customers and we expect management to not miss with #3 picks and we expect repercussions for f**king up. Easy to be a non paying fan and be like "he works hard and his effort is good". f**k all that. I'm rooting for Solly and I'm willing to forget about last year because of the tragedy, but there are performance expectations.

I go to plenty games and by overpriced food and beer there so by your logic I'm allowed to give my opinion on this.

If you're pissed about the pick then call for Lynch's head or his scouts heads. A pick not panning doesn't justify s**tting on a guy who went through a horrific tragedy or in some cases even mocking him. Nor will it make anything better for you.

Solly is doing what he can and if he can't take it to the level then damn it'll suck. But he tried, wasn't good enough. Lynch and co are responsible for blowing it. Assuming he never gets better.

so solly gets no blame whatsoever? lol ok...
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Yeah your stance here has obviously very little thought put into it. Some people just don't have the money yours does. Personally I've been a fan my whole life. In 2010 I made a choice to invest my time and haven't missed a game since. Only recently have I been able to afford tickets. Lucky enough to watch Jimmy G take his first snaps as a 49er! We watch the games and buy merch which is a huge portion of their revenue.

Some people just don't have the skills to perform at the levels the best of the best can. These guys still work their asses off day in and day out. Being a good person that works hard is what I expect from anybody period. That doesn't mean you can't criticize or want the guy cut from the team outright either. At the end of the day we can act civilised and show respect to each other.

Edit for clarity
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Jun 9, 2019 at 8:52 PM ]

I don't mean this about Solly but we all have players we don't like and wish to fail. Sometimes you got to break some eggs. I shed no tears for rooting against Tomsula, shed no tears about booing Kwame Harris etc, etc. I find it hilarious how hypocritical people are on this. If it's someone you know is a bridge or scape goat toss all the stones you want but God forbid you go after "x" player. Now you're a bad fan and you should be ashamed.

Everyone , besides the Grant Cohn wannabes, wants to win here. Just because they think Solly sucks and we'll be better without him means little. We're not the 49ers featuring Solomon Thomas. He can be a good dude with a sad story it means little. He's being paid to produce so until he does you live with fan pressure to succeed. You know Rice got booed and he turned out ok.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 9, 2019 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
so solly gets no blame whatsoever? lol ok...

Not what I said at all. Can we be disappointed with Solomon Thomas so far. Yes of course. To harp on it and constantly put the man down that's different. At this point people are not saying well his weakness is a and b, I hope he gets better at it. It's saying man this guy needs to get over his sister dying or he is such a bum why did we draft him. We drafted him because he was the 3rd best prospect who added versatility on the line and could line up multiple spots. People are actively just rooting for this kid to fail and it's wrong. He is working his ass off this off season and he is trying to get better and fix his weaknesses. No one praises him for the work ethic or things he does well like lining up at his natural spot and being great at run defense. It's funny because before ST everyone ripped armstead and now since st came no one rips armstead anymore. Just seems like people look for one person to just bash no matter what just because.
[ Edited by Alex04221989 on Jun 9, 2019 at 9:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone