LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Rooting for him
Wishing Solly the best this year, hopefully he breaks out and eveything comes together for him.
Soloman Thomas is an expert at making people feel like jerks for talking about his play on the field. Constantly on social media with feel good emotional stuff. Meanwhile... has he EVER made a play? No. He's been a complete bust, I was hoping we'd trade him this offseason, he doesn't play hard. Don't want him and I don't feel the least bit bad about saying... he's not a good football player, he barely tries, we should have traded him for a washing machine, he sucks. Hope I'm wrong.
[ Edited by beatintina247 on Jun 2, 2019 at 1:56 AM ]
Everyone I know that's a 9ers fan is always telling me how we've used this guy wrong. So I'll say this, i dont buy that horse s**t, I've watched him play. He locks up with blockers and has zero push. I thought when we drafted this guy he'd be like E. Dumervil but no. He's been garbage. Make my words... we should have traded him THIS offseason. I WANT WINNERS.
BUST
Originally posted by beatintina247:
BUST

Stop. 9 posts in over 7 years, then suddenly 3 posts in less than an hour? Fairly clear what is happening here. Meantime please feel free to post about other issues.
Originally posted by English:
BUST

Stop. 9 posts in over 7 years, then suddenly 3 posts in less than an hour? Fairly clear what is happening here. Meantime please feel free to post about other issues.

If he plays like a #3 pick this year we will be a top 5 defense

"If"
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm not on thl08's level, but from my understanding he had a lot of "read and react" responsibilities last season. This year they're switching it up and he can be more aggressive which matches his style of play. I honestly can't think of another player in the Shanalynch era who has been played more out of position than Solly.

True. He was used as a spy a lot. Very few actual real interior pass rush opportunities.

That and he struggled reading run vs pass. When a TE was over him he really struggled with that and converting from run edge setting to pass rush.
Soloman Thomas is an expert at making people feel like jerks for talking about his play on the field. Constantly on social media with feel good emotional stuff. Meanwhile... has he EVER made a play? No. He's been a complete bust, I was hoping we'd trade him this offseason, he doesn't play hard. Don't want him and I don't feel the least bit bad about saying... he's not a good football player, he barely tries, we should have traded him for a washing machine, he sucks. Hope I'm wrong.

Spoken like someone who has never played. How do you know he 'barely tries'. He may not be the player we hoped for when he was drafted but to say he barely tries and doesn't play hard is total BS. Most of the people on this forum feel he has been moved around a lot a played out of position. Add in what he went thru last year with his sister and he gets a pass. Let's see how he does this year with that tragedy behind him and a new defensive line coach.

Hell if he plays like the top 3 player he was drafted as we got a top 5 defense. Especially if sherman is 100% healthy ill start the Niners D in fantasy thrres gonna be hella sacks and turnovers. Hopefully safety points too if that punter we drafted in the 4th (smh) can pin other teams within the 5 every punt. Ok hope Solomon can take advantage of this situation too. Our line would be the best in the league and we can lead the league with sacks if Thomas can play at a pro bowl level.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Rooting for him

This.

Big time.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm not on thl08's level, but from my understanding he had a lot of "read and react" responsibilities last season. This year they're switching it up and he can be more aggressive which matches his style of play. I honestly can't think of another player in the Shanalynch era who has been played more out of position than Solly.

True. He was used as a spy a lot. Very few actual real interior pass rush opportunities.

That and he struggled reading run vs pass. When a TE was over him he really struggled with that and converting from run edge setting to pass rush.

Very much so. It just seemed so unnatural for him.
Everyone I know that's a 9ers fan is always telling me how we've used this guy wrong. So I'll say this, i dont buy that horse s**t, I've watched him play. He locks up with blockers and has zero push. I thought when we drafted this guy he'd be like E. Dumervil but no. He's been garbage. Make my words... we should have traded him THIS offseason. I WANT WINNERS.

Do you know what you're watching?
BUST

We gotta ignore last year because it was f**ked for him. Most people just aren't going to be into it under those circumstances. I'm considering this his 2nd year really and I've always been critical of the pick. If he stinks again then we can get a rope. ,but I'm
Hearing he's looking good so who knows. I mean if you're a 9er fan, you might as well support the guy.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Jun 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone