There are 243 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas 3rd Overall Pick 2017 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What if Sheldon Day is better? Would you take snaps from him to give to Thomas?

Thomas was a bad pick regardless.

Best 11, always. But i don't agree that Day is better, altho I do like him. No flies on Day, either.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What if Sheldon Day is better? Would you take snaps from him to give to Thomas?

Thomas was a bad pick regardless.

If he's better then he's playing but Day has been playing one position his whole NFL career, Thomas has been jerked around and played at his natural position only a small fraction of his NFL snaps, also while dealing with his sister's suicide last season.

Let's see how the competition shakes out but I'm confident if the coaches allow Thomas to play inside the bulk of his snaps we'll see a very different player this year and moving forward with his career as a 49er.
Love his commentary, and I hope we can see it come to fruition.

I thought this would be a good time to bump Johnnydel's film breakdown of Solly when playing inside. A lot of this is very encouraging now that we have edge rushers. He was mauling some of the guards in the later part of the season.

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

So last year Saleh was running No Gas All Brakes?
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Love his commentary, and I hope we can see it come to fruition.

I thought this would be a good time to bump Johnnydel's film breakdown of Solly when playing inside. A lot of this is very encouraging now that we have edge rushers. He was mauling some of the guards in the later part of the season.

There is absolutely no reason to ever see Thomas on the edge including base...ever...unless it's a designed stunt.
Originally posted by NCommand:
There is absolutely no reason to ever see Thomas on the edge including base...ever...unless it's a designed stunt.

Completely agree. He is a totally different player.
[ Edited by PowderdToastMn on May 21, 2019 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

So last year Saleh was running No Gas All Brakes?

It was all gas no brakes, but they were running on a lawn mower engine. Now its more of a old Volkswagen bug. Better, but not quite good.

Ok Solomon Ok. Lets get it!!!
Glad to hear this from Thomas, I wish him the best this year, he's been through a lot, hopefully he has a successful season, he deserves it!!

• thl408
I still believe in Solly because I'm a homer. Glad he got his mind right, for the most part. Go Solly!
^^^Ditto. He'll have a good yr.
Dbl
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 21, 2019 at 5:11 PM ]
Hope he's far away enough from what he went through last year to get back to normalcy.
Dbl
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 21, 2019 at 5:12 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone