LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Damn what a haul by Lynch. How the hell did we pick up a high 3rd and 4th rounder plus a 3rd next year and STILL get Thomas? Amazing
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Also - if we're truly looking at AA at LEO then this IS a need that we filled

Exactly.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
That has nothing to do with drafting a DL at #1 3 years in a row when we have way more glaring needs.

Let me repeat it for you again. What Baalke did before Shanahan and Lynch showed up has f**k all to do with them. They have a clean slate.
Damn what a haul by Lynch. How the hell did we pick up a high 3rd and 4th rounder plus a 3rd next year and STILL get Thomas? Amazing

Helluva smoke screen!

Bears really wanted Trubisky. Now Watson will go to a perfect fit for him in KC with Andy Reid, backing up Alex, great move by them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Who is we? You have an entirely new regime in place. What Baalke did before them is largely irrelevant, especially if they don't see certain guys as good fits.

Then I'm assuming that the new regime is intending on REPLACING the two mistakes the previous regime made with those precious 1 rd picks the last few years?
This will be hilarious if he ends up out preforming Myles Garrett and Mitch T, but were also able to pick up 3 extra picks to get him lol
Our Dline is gonna be nasty!! Best in the league
Originally posted by JD81:

Who is this woman and why is she so upset?
Then I'm assuming that the new regime is intending on REPLACING the two mistakes the previous regime made with those precious 1 rd picks the last few years?

They are going to build the roster however they want. If they want to replace players, that is their prerogative. Obviously Thomas is who they had as BPA.

#6YearContractLife

That has nothing to do with drafting a DL at #1 3 years in a row when we have way more glaring needs.

Let me repeat it for you again. What Baalke did before Shanahan and Lynch showed up has f**k all to do with them. They have a clean slate.

The fact that has been true for three straight years (new regime, clean slate on draft day) makes it harder to swallow. In a few years if Lynch or Shanahan are gone the same thing could be said. I am not blaming Lynch or Shanahan for this situation but it is the situation. When the team kept redrafting DBs I was told by some here that it was because of a clean slate with new defensive coaches, I thought we wasted a lot of picks on one position group and this gives me that same feeling.

I hope all three can play together and make this the best line in the NFL.

They are going to build the roster however they want. If they want to replace players, that is their prerogative. Obviously Thomas is who they had as BPA.

#6YearContractLife

How many years was Chip's contract?

#ChipsGoingToBeHereForALongTimePeriod
That's damn high 3rd rounder and 4th rounder

Still got a blue chip player...

Hard to hate

Plus this should light a fire under the last two 1st round linemen that better fight for their jobs
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
How many years was Chip's contract?

#ChipsGoingToBeHereForALongTimePeriod

Totally different situation. Jed isn't going to be paying $100 million in dead coaching contracts. Both Lynch and Shanahan are going to be here awhile, especially if they make excellent moves like this.
This season we will play 2 games vs Todd Gurley(rams)...2 games vs David Johnson(Cards)...2 games vs Eddie Lacy.(Seahawks)..panthers just got Christain McCaffery (week 1)...colts got Frank Gore (week 5)...cowboys got Ezekiel Elliott (week 7)...bears got Jordan Howard(week 12)...texans got Lamar Thomas (week 13)...Titans got DeMarco Murray (week 14)...Jags got Leonard Fournette (week 15)

Solomon Thomas was the top rated run stopper among DL players....which is great cause we are facing a lot of good running backs this year....
Share 49ersWebzone