There are 154 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Giedi:
That video just shows me that he'd be devastating on stunts and dogs on the interior. He was doing too much read and react in the Stanford defense, and he's more of a gap penetrator in Saleh's scheme at the 3Tech position as a DT. When he slashes in or out and gap penetrates, I think he's elite. Has quick hand fighting ability inside and very strong arms to bench press the OLineman away from him and turn his body into the gap and just explode into it. He'll bring the interior heat along with Buckner, I don't have much of a doubt about that. I can understand him being at the LEO position on base first and second downs just to bolster the Run defense last year, but they've upgraded both depth and quality at the D Line positions with Day (next to Mitchell) and hopefully he stays more at 3Tech DT than LEO this year.

The one sack at the end basically was his stunt took him where the quarterback was dropping. I didn't see a lot of figuring out and problem solving to blow things up.

It also depends on down and distance. If its a 1st and 10 - most likely the call is a read and react defense. If its a 3rd and 10, most likely Solomon is stunting and pass rushing. If that makes any sense. In Saleh's scheme, it shouldn't matter down and distance, the scheme is a one gap penetration scheme. In other words, there aren't many two gap calls for any of the D Linemen in the Kiffen/Carroll scheme - it's essentially an 8 man front and each of the 8 men is responsible to control or penetrate a gap to stop the run on run downs.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Bull Rush.

Speed Bull Rush

Spin move

It also depends on down and distance. If its a 1st and 10 - most likely the call is a read and react defense. If its a 3rd and 10, most likely Solomon is stunting and pass rushing. If that makes any sense. In Saleh's scheme, it shouldn't matter down and distance, the scheme is a one gap penetration scheme. In other words, there aren't many two gap calls for any of the D Linemen in the Kiffen/Carroll scheme - it's essentially an 8 man front and each of the 8 men is responsible to control or penetrate a gap to stop the run on run downs.

The first two two and a half steps or scripted. Everything after is an adjustment
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I didnt notice too many plays where he hit someone.

Yeah, definitely not a highlight video. Ha
That video just shows me that he'd be devastating on stunts and dogs on the interior. He was doing too much read and react in the Stanford defense, and he's more of a gap penetrator in Saleh's scheme at the 3Tech position as a DT. When he slashes in or out and gap penetrates, I think he's elite. Has quick hand fighting ability inside and very strong arms to bench press the OLineman away from him and turn his body into the gap and just explode into it. He'll bring the interior heat along with Buckner, I don't have much of a doubt about that. I can understand him being at the LEO position on base first and second downs just to bolster the Run defense last year, but they've upgraded both depth and quality at the D Line positions with Day (next to Mitchell) and hopefully he stays more at 3Tech DT than LEO this year.

Just for the LOL's, Grant Cohn claimed he spoke to Robert Saleh last year and told him Solomon Thomas should be inside every down. He said Salah agreed...but then, never changed. LOL
Just for the LOL's, Grant Cohn claimed he spoke to Robert Saleh last year and told him Solomon Thomas should be inside every down. He said Salah agreed...but then, never changed. LOL

I'm sure he gets a lot of "yeah sure whatever you say" from people just so they don't have to keep talking to him.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'm sure he gets a lot of "yeah sure whatever you say" from people just so they don't have to keep talking to him.

Right on topic...thank you Baby Jesus.

Right on topic...thank you Baby Jesus.

Meh, let's see him produce in a game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

+1

Better than hearing he's doing jack s**t in TC, no?
Originally posted by genus49:

Like the crazy guy on the bus, you just nod and let him keep talking , can't get away fast enough.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

+1

+1 +1/2
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

i am so happy not to see any f**king ping pong balls running around in that clip
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Meanwhile AA is dodging ping pong balls on his knees.
Share 49ersWebzone