There are 129 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Totally a break year for ST.

Zero trade value.

May be out of the NFL if he doesn't perform adequately.

I thought that was last year?

History repeating itself.

Then FTFY
Originally posted by lamontb:
Can we move him to safety?

Saleh licking his chops...
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Totally a make or break year for ST.

Zero trade value.

May be out of the NFL if he doesn't perform adequately.

I thought that was last year?

Hes already made it according to that one poster.

He's the "best run stopping DT in the NFL" remember?

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I heard he's been training with Bryant Young and Richard Dent this off-season.

LOL. On the real, Bryant Young is the one he should have been training with from day 1 with his patent last second pre snap sideways shift to explode through the gap and blow s**t up. True 3T.

He could train with John Randle and it probably still won't make a big difference.

Very possibly esp. given how obsessed with size Saleh is too.

That's hardly the problem.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Ok ok...

How about Solo - Mostert - Spoon and a 3rd for Joey ??

Not possible, Bosa makes over $14M in 2020, Thomas makes $5M, Ahkello only $2.133M, and Mostert $2.9M, plus we can't afford to extend him, plus extend Kittle, TW, KW, Sherm, Juice others, people need to get these ridiculous ideas out of their minds, not happening, not happening with Joey or Adams.
Totally agree AB. We should how ever try to clean up our roster a little while saving some $$$ to use on a Kittle extension this year, or roll over to utilize next season. Here are a few moves that could clear up some money.
1. Trade S. Thomas, He isn't really needed here, and trading him would save us over 4.4 million.
2. Trade T. Coleman, He isn't a necessity, and trading him would save us 4.8 million, as opposed to cutting him would save us 2.8 million.
3. Trade T. Compton, He isn't needed and trading him would save us 2.5 million, as opposed to cutting him would save us just under 2 million.

None of those would bring back much in a trade, but trading all 3 would save us roughly 11.7 million or just under 10 million if you include their 51 man salary cut off replacements (which you have to). So 9+ million saved to basically jump Kittles contract from 2 million this year to 11 million (First year of extension) or if no extension is done, that's 9+ extra million going forward.
Pro football focus says Solly's in "dire need" of a strong TC. I like PFF analysis for the most part but they're pretty stupid on this point. Training camp is not his problem, it's live game action he's in dire need of performing well in. His issue is the opposite of many other players. He practices better than he plays.
With their defensive system now I think they are looking for more defensive lineman who have great bulrush moves

Buckner was more finesse but I was still pissed to see him go

Solomon Thomas I hope can develop but I'm extremely skeptical
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
With their defensive system now I think they are looking for more defensive lineman who have great bulrush moves

Saleh definitely comes from the bigger is better philosophy as you heard Lynch referencing the big G's of Seattle and struggling with them. 1,800 yards and 4.5 YPC also might be why they wanted to get bigger too.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Ok ok...

How about Solo - Mostert - Spoon and a 3rd for Joey ??

Not possible, Bosa makes over $14M in 2020, Thomas makes $5M, Ahkello only $2.133M, and Mostert $2.9M, plus we can't afford to extend him, plus extend Kittle, TW, KW, Sherm, Juice others, people need to get these ridiculous ideas out of their minds, not happening, not happening with Joey or Adams.

Would Joseph take a family discount?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
.... well then, it's time for SOLO to become a SUPERSTARRRRR !!!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:

Saleh definitely comes from the bigger is better philosophy as you heard Lynch referencing the big G's of Seattle and struggling with them. 1,800 yards and 4.5 YPC also might be why they wanted to get bigger too.

Agree with both. I can see our next first round pick next year being either a Dee Ford 2.0 pass rusher, or if Kongbo/Hyder pan out and get perhaps a 8+ sack season, I can see ShanaLynch going with another Kinlaw 2.0 in next years draft. I think if you have two big Kinlaw-type guys in the middle of that defense, the run isn't going be a winning strategy against this defense, wide 9 or not.

Totally bummed to see Buckner let go, but that's the price you pay for being 2nd place last year, unfortunately. The whole system is now against ShanaLynch. Unless they draft like the Patriots, we will be losing more talent than gaining -- and our regular season record will reflect that.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF Solo register SUPERSTAR type of #s this year, what do you all think is the best or highest $$$ price for him? ?
IF Solo register SUPERSTAR type of #s this year, what do you all think is the best or highest $$$ price for him? ?

something team friendly for a year to prove that the year wasnt a fluke.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

something team friendly for a year to prove that the year wasnt a fluke.

FRANCHISE TAG, maybe ???
Share 49ersWebzone